The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

seakayaker

Lovely images, Oliver

I especially like 1 and 4. The composition of the portrait is really good when coupled with the bokeh. I have this lens, I should use it more often

Keith

++1! Beautiful Bokeh created with the Canon FD 50/1.4 . . . . . will get around to picking up one of those lens one of these days.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

. . . . . . need to give some love to the Pansonic Lumix G 20/1.7 Asph.

Asters

GF1 with Lumix G 20mm f1.7 -- ISO 100 -- f1.7 -- 1/640

and

California Poppy

GF1 with Lumix G 20mm f1.7 -- ISO 100 -- f2.2 -- 1/1300

A beautiful little lens that I overlook when thinking about bokeh . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

Here is a picture of Toronto at night (but it never looks like this :deadhorse:)
Grain added by NOISE

It's funny, the artists who used pointillism to achieve their goals (eg Seurat) were constructing their images from discreet spots of color positioned carefully against one another - whereas, us photographers are constantly fighting the "destruction" of our pictures into the constituent spots of colors from which they were made.

Sony 18-55 zoom

Keith

This city scape is really Top Notch, Keith! One of you're very best. :thumbs:

Michiel

seakayaker

Klaus, 'Fluffy' taken with the Tele-Xanar f3.8 75mm (Robot) on GH1 is wonderful! Love the sharpness, light and color in the bokehgraph!

Raf, 'Needles' is a beautiful bokehgraph! Great colors and sharp detail with the soft bokeh created with the Samyang 85/1.4!

. . . . . a wonderful 'summer' day here in Seattle, Warm (70 degrees/21.1 celsius) and Sunny!

Daliah in the Sidewalk Garden

Gf1 with Voigtlander Nokton Aspherical 50mm f1.5 -- ISO 200 -- f1.5 -- 1/125

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Glass in the Lamp Store Window

Gf1 with Voigtlander Nokton Aspherical 50mm f1.5 -- ISO 200 -- f1.5 -- 1/400

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
+ 1 Like it too!, Dan

Lampshops make a great wintertheme.
( Posted this before but I must have hit the wrong button :confused: )
Count me in too! I sense that Dan is getting himself prepared for Winter. I've taken some nice shots of paper, plastic, dried and dead flowers in my time.
But, I like Dan's street stuff. I think we are going to see more of it :thumbs::thumbs:

Keith

seakayaker

Count me in too! I sense that Dan is getting himself prepared for Winter. I've taken some nice shots of paper, plastic, dried and dead flowers in my time.
But, I like Dan's street stuff. I think we are going to see more of it :thumbs::thumbs:

Keith
Thank you Keith, Michiel and Klaus for your kind words, feedback is always appreciated!

. . . . . you are right Keith . . . . . the search for winter bokeh begins . . . . . i believe I made my first contribution to this thread last April a prime time for flowers . . . . . but it actually was shot of 'Clams' . . . . . winters in seattle are green and gray, so I can appreciate how shots of paper, plastic, dried and dead flowers could appear in upcoming shots! :D

Michiel, I will have to make a return visit to see if I can shot some lampshades as well to expand my 'lamp shop' photo experience! :angel:

Window Shopping

Gf1 with Voigtlander Nokton Aspherical 50mm f1.5 -- ISO 200 -- f1.5 -- 1/400

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Michiel, the shot 'Double Glazing' is beautiful!

Love the light, colors, composition, and bokeh!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

. . . . . one more from my recent visit to the lamp shop . . . . .

Hanging Glass in the Window

Gf1 with Voigtlander Nokton Aspherical 50mm f1.5 -- ISO 200 -- f1.5 -- 1/250

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

. . . . . and when walking by a lamp shop there jus may be some . . . . .

Sidewalk Weeds

Gf1 with Voigtlander Nokton Aspherical 50mm f1.5 -- ISO 200 -- f1.5 -- 1/250

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)