The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

seakayaker

Lili, I enjoyed your bokehgraph! Please keep the contributions coming. The view reminded me of when I lived in the Dallas area, the view from my office window was similar during one of the few days that it would rain.

Michiel, love the Meyer-Görlitz Trioplan 7,5cm/2.8, it certainly provides sharp detail with a wonderful soft circular bokeh! Outstanding colors as well!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

kds315

Lili, I especially like the double V-form in your picture and in your picture - how could you ever match that so perfectly ...? :angel:
(I confess it needs a well trained eye to see that...)

seakayaker

. . . . . rain, cool, & overcast today . . . . . after a couple of warm summer like days this week, its now time to return to Autumn weather . . . . .

Autumn Leaves

Voigtlander Heliar Classic 75mm f1.8 -- ISO 200 -- f1.8 -- 1/1000

and

Voigtlander Heliar Classic 75mm f1.8 -- ISO 200 -- f1.8 -- 1/400

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

M5-Guy

Leica M5, ZM 50mm f/1.5 C-Sonnar T* @ f/1.5
Plus-X rated at ISO 125
Xtol 1:3

Leica M5, ZM 50mm f/1.5 C-Sonnar T* @ f/1.5
Plus-X rated at ISO 125
Xtol 1:3

Lili

Lili, I enjoyed your bokehgraph! Please keep the contributions coming. The view reminded me of when I lived in the Dallas area, the view from my office window was similar during one of the few days that it would rain.

Dan
~ ;)
Dan, thanks kindly, this was from my office in Frisco so your comparison is apt :)

seakayaker

Halloween has come and gone, now
cold weather has settled in
joining the rain,
the pumpkin sits waiting,
starry eyed
alone in the park.

Voigtlander Heliar Classic 75mm f1.8 -- ISO 200 -- f1.8 -- 1/200

. . . . . passed by the pumpkin today while out walking, I like the bokeh!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

. . . . . rain, cool, & overcast today . . . . . after a couple of warm summer like days this week, its now time to return to Autumn weather . . . . .

Autumn Leaves

Life is Grand!

Dan

Nice one Dan. I was wondering about this lens and you have it already :deadhorse:

Congrats, Michiel

seakayaker

Peter, very nice shots, I love your black & white bokeh created with the M5/Zeiss Sonnar f1.5 combination! Beautiful captures!

Welcome Arjuna, thank you for the bokeh shot of the Autumn leaves! It is a beautiful time of year! . . . . . keep 'em coming!

Michiel, I would like to say that your shot made the Churros more appealing to eat . . . . . however, I do love the soft bokeh created with your Revuenon 55/1.2! Wonderful colors!

. . . . . anyway a bokeh shot from the Crew Races on Green Lake held yesteday . . . . .

Green Lake Crew ~ Waiting to Launch

Voigtlander Heliar Classic 75mm f1.8 -- ISO 200 -- f1.8 -- 1/640

K

KlausInDK

A short introduction of myself: photographing (or at least taking pictures) for many years. Reading this very nice forum for more than a year. Plunged into MFT last January with an Oly E-P1 and adding a Pana G2 a few weeks ago (I missed a viewfinder that much :) ).

Yesterday my very old (bought around 1973?) Kenlock 135 mm f/2.8 M42 got some air on the G2 around the village. It is surprisingly sharp for a cheap 37 year old lens and with the excellent viewfinder of the G2 I can in fact focus it. These might not be the best shots to show the bokeh, but here we go:

A view from the church-hill in our little town down to the canal. In the foreground a corner stone from the ruins of a 600 year (approx?) old house.
View attachment 37242

Another view from the same area, showing more of the canal.
View attachment 37243

The fluffy seeds of some climbing plant.
View attachment 37244

See you Klaus

M5-Guy

That 75/1.8 Voigtlander has a nice draw and colors IMO...
Thanks for the kind words. those are the 1st images at f/1.5 and between 1m and 2.5m... I had no idea what to expect, since I have only used the Sonnar on my G1, up till now. I do like the bokeh very much, and the [magic] at close distances.

. . . . . anyway a bokeh shot from the Crew Races on Green Lake held yesteday . . . . .

Green Lake Crew ~ Waiting to Launch

Voigtlander Heliar Classic 75mm f1.8 -- ISO 200 -- f1.8 -- 1/640

Michiel Schierbeek

Welcome Klaus from Denmark :)

I like especially nr 2 and 3.
Keep 'm coming I would say!

It sure is a pleasure to work with old mf lenses.

Kind regards, Michiel

seakayaker

Welcome Klaus from Denmark :)

I like especially nr 2 and 3.
Keep 'm coming I would say!

It sure is a pleasure to work with old mf lenses.

Kind regards, Michiel

++1!

Welcome Klaus, lovely bokeh shots with the Kenlock 135 mm f/2.8!

There all nice but I like #3 the best!

. . . . . keep' em coming . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

K

KlausInDK

Thanks Dan and Michiel!

I have a couple of old Rolleis also (Rollei Planar 50/1.8 and Rolleinar 85/2.8) - have to see what they can do also. Both focus a lot closer than the Kenlock (at 2.5 meters), so that should give some possibilities.

Klaus

seakayaker

. . . . . a couple of photographs taken this past Saturday.

Dahlia Garden | Volunteer Park | Seattle, WA
Maintained by the Puget Sound Dahlia Association ~ http://www.pugetsounddahlias.org/

Voigtlander Heliar Classic 75mm f1.8 -- ISO 200 -- f1.8 -- 1/500

and

The Sidewalk Garden
Maintained by my better half ~ Peggy

Voigtlander Heliar Classic 75mm f1.8 -- ISO 200 -- f1.8 -- 1/60

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

Autumn Leaves

Voigtlander Heliar Classic 75mm f1.8 -- ISO 200 -- f1.8 -- 1/1000

and

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Dan

The colors and tones are wonderful

Keith