The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Michiel Schierbeek

QUOTE=Leica 77;262332]Hi Keith and All,
This is the 3000th post in this wonderful Bokeh Thread. By posting Keith's most recent contribution, we wish to honor him for his tremendous efforts to bring us to another major milestone! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: x 1000. :)
[/QUOTE]

You're very good in watching the numbers Leica77 :)

It sure is worth another congratulation at our inspirator Keith :salute: :clap: with a small chance of spoiling him :D

Here is another one from my garden from a few weeks ago.
(Watch that face in the background Brrrrr.....)

Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks ever so much, Leica and Michiel

I looked through the entire thread over the weekend, to make sure I was not double posting my Ibiza shot - boy, there is some wonderful stuff in there from a load of talented bokehgraphers

I follow Mike Johnston's excellent photography blog (the onlinephotographer). He has a recent comment on bokeh, and shows a couple of nice bokehgraphs by Cindy Loughridge. Its worth reading Mikes comments - maybe I will e-mail him about our efforts.
(http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/blog_index.html) - scroll down a bit to get to the post

Michiel - its not me in your picture :deadhorse:

Thanks, again

Keith

kds315

very well done Michiel!!

@Keith: CONGRATS to that great waterfall shot!!

"DIAGONALS" by Makro Switar 75mm

"RAINBOW" by Steinheil Quinon 25mm

How I miss the sun and the colors....

Last edited:

seakayaker

Keith, you are right about the waterfall shot, not abstract at all . . . . . it looks like it was the original photograph, then again with a few more twist & turns, or perhaps a crop or two and there may be something else that lies within . . . . . :D

+++4 regarding the comments from Leica and the 3000 posts, a nice milestone for the bokehgraph thread, but I think we have just begun, and miles to go before we sleep!

Michiel, love the Red & Green bokehgraph produced with the Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 7.5cm f2.8!

You know that could be Keith in the photo . . . . .

. . . . . you know, ah . . . Keith Richards

Klaus, ++1 regarding Keith comments, great bokeh with the Makro Switar 75mm and Steinheil Quinon 25mm! . . . . . with one exception, I really do love "DIAGONALS" made with the Makro Switar 75mm over the shot with the 25mm. (It could be that I am influenced by shooting with the CV 75/1.8 and the CV 25/0.95 and I am liking the results better with the 75/1.8 so far) . . . . . Patience and Time!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Picked up the Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 yesterday afternoon. It is going to take me some time to find the sweet spot with this lens . . . . .

Poetry

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 -- ISO 200 -- f0.95 -- 1/15

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

Picked up the Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 yesterday afternoon. It is going to take me some time to find the sweet spot with this lens . . . . .
Poetry

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 -- ISO 200 -- f0.95 -- 1/15
Life is Grand!
Dan
~ ;)
Hi Dan,
It is wonderful to see your post -- GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95! When you have a chance, please post some more. :)

seakayaker

Grand Bakery Breakfast

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 -- ISO 200 -- f0.95 -- 1/640

and

Mark
. . . . . needs a second cup of coffee . . . . .

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 -- ISO 200 -- f0.95 -- 1/250

and

Squirrel

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 -- ISO 200 -- f0.95 -- 1/200

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

Leica, the shot is Stunning! You nailed it, a beautiful bokehgraph/photograph . . . . . the IGW 50mm continues to amaze me! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Thanks for sharing!
Life is Grand!
Dan
~ ;)
Hi Dan,
Many thanks for your kind comments! I am slowly finding the sweet spot with my IGW 50mm ... BTW, your new Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 appears to produce very fine smooth bokeh. Best, :)

seakayaker

. . . . . a few more with flowers . . . . . Klaus you are absolutely correct when you said. "How I miss the sun and the colors...."

Today was cold with some rain and when it wasn't raining it just was damp . . . . . winter is arriving, which is the bad news, . . . . . and the good news is . . . . . Spring is just four and one-half months away!

Dahlias

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 -- ISO 200 -- f0.95 -- 1/1600

and

Digging up the Dahlia Garden

and

Blue Flowers ~ Volunteer Park Conservatory

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 -- ISO 200 -- f0.95 -- 1/1000

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

. . . . . a few more with flowers . . . . . Klaus you are absolutely correct when you said. "How I miss the sun and the colors...."
Today was cold with some rain and when it wasn't raining it just was damp . . . . . winter is arriving, which is the bad news, . . . . . and the good news is . . . . . Spring is just four and one-half months away!
Dahlias
and
Digging up the Dahlia Garden
and
Life is Grand!
Dan
~ ;)
Hi Dan,
It is wonderful to see some more images taken with your new Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95. Best, :)

Michiel Schierbeek

. . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Imagine the sun was shining on this one!
Congrats Dan with your new lens!
It can be a very good sign that it takes time to get those extreme fast lenses under control.
Can you imagine I didn't like the Canon FD L85/1.2 much at the very beginning shooting with it?

BTW It is very good for grown up man to read poetry :) (My father was a poet)

Good luck with your further explorations of this lens!

(BTW I never sad it was our Keith in the green background :D)

@Klaus; Great rainbow! Was that an inner lens effect?
@ Leica77 Lovely coloured bokehgraphs!

Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Dan, for posting a fine picture of my hero:

Keith Richards and I differ by just one month in age. I first saw him when I was 20 years old. He was in a beaten up Bedford van with the rest of the Stones. I was in line to see the show at a local dance hall - they didn't know where to unload their stuff.

Seen him many times since then, and I am half way through his autobiography.

Regards

Keith

kds315

@Michiel, Keith, Leica, Dan - truly wonderful shots!!

Leica, the Orchid shots turned out mystical with this "golden bokeh"

Dan, congrats to the new 0.95/25mm Nokton, looks VERY promising!

Michiel, I was indeed using on purpose some inner lens refraction.

"just 4o something days ..." by Celestron f8/300mm

"evening light" by Videostigmat f1.1 38mm

Last edited: