The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

seakayaker

23 V The Artist's Tools - Voigtlander 25mm f0.95 @ f2 by peterb666, on Flickr

Olympus E-P1 with Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 set to f/2
Peter, loved the shot! Great Color, sharp with wonder bokeh!

The link to the flickr site was a treat, enjoyed the comparison between the Voigtlander 25mm f0.95 @ f2 and Nikkor 50mm f1.8 @ f4.5, lovely bokeh from both lenses and was impressed with the bokeh @4.5 from the Nikkor. It could just be me but the Voigtlander looked to be the sharper lens. Would be nice to see a comparison at the same aperture.

Thanks for sharing!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

PeterB666

Peter, loved the shot! Great Color, sharp with wonder bokeh!

The link to the flickr site was a treat, enjoyed the comparison between the Voigtlander 25mm f0.95 @ f2 and Nikkor 50mm f1.8 @ f4.5, lovely bokeh from both lenses and was impressed with the bokeh @4.5 from the Nikkor. It could just be me but the Voigtlander looked to be the sharper lens. Would be nice to see a comparison at the same aperture.

Thanks for sharing!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)
Thanks

I agree with you that the Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 is sharper than the Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 (and there is nothing particularlry wrong with that lens eiter). If find the bokeh far more pleasant most of the time from the Voigtlander.

Of course the Nikon D90 does a much better job with detail than the Olympus E-P1 but quite frankly I like the more subdued and I think natural colours from the Olympus. Most looking at the photos think otherwise and go for the punchier colours of of the Nikon.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Michiel, a beautiful bokehgraph! Love the shapes, colors and the top of peoples heads in the lower right hand conner. . . . . Great Capture!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)
+10

One of your best "early bokehraph" style images :thumbup::thumbup:

I have a feeling that people are seeing what they can find now that the flowers have gone - or going :toocool::toocool::toocool:

Seems like Dan has a few left though (don't Hydrangeas make wonderful subjects?

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks Dan and Keith!

@ Dan; Your Nokton really rocks and I like it's close focussing capabilitys like in your Hydrangea picture.
I should be buying this lens right now but I am not allowed. :deadhorse:

Here is one I took yesterday where I participated on a demonstration against the disproportional financial cuts by our new governement in the Cultural programs.
This was one of the demonstrators but also the servant of Santa Claus.
Actually Sinterklaas a different one from the wellknown Santa Claus, but that is another long story.

Michiel

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
This is taken using the SLR Magic 35/1.7 lens (m4/3 mount)

Not a lens for purists, but for this thread it provides a lot of possibilities

Keith

(f1.7)

R

rimasson

Hello.

This is my 1rst post.
Here are a couple of pictures made with a E510 + OM 55mm f1.2

seakayaker

Thanks Dan and Keith!

@ Dan; Your Nokton really rocks and I like it's close focussing capabilitys like in your Hydrangea picture.
I should be buying this lens right now but I am not allowed. :deadhorse:

Here is one I took yesterday where I participated on a demonstration against the disproportional financial cuts by our new governement in the Cultural programs.
This was one of the demonstrators but also the servant of Santa Claus.
Actually Sinterklaas a different one from the wellknown Santa Claus, but that is another long story.

Michiel
Your welcome Michie!

Also, another beautiful shot with the Minolta Rokkar 250/5.6!

The Nokton is nice but I'm sure it will be available for some time to come.
. . . . . as I like to say, Time & Patience . . . . .

It is the Holiday season, perhaps on the 5th of December someone will present you with a Nokton . . . . .

. . . . . or you can do what we do, and write Santa a letter and let him know what you wish for a present on Christmas Day!

(p.s. make sure your wife does see the letter to Santa before you mail it. I would also suggest you have a less expensive alternative included in the letter.)

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)