The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

seakayaker

Hi Keith,
Season's Greetings! Thanks so much for your lovely message. Your stellar leadership has made this Bokeh thread one of the most dynamic meeting places within this Forum. Just over the past 5 days, excellent contributions have been submitted to the present thread from bokeh enthusiasts from many parts of the world. Those who have recently contributed their bokehgraphs include: Keith, Michiel, Rafael, Dan, Tesselator, Friedel, JGH, hakkalo, Doc Klaus, Oliver, PeterB666, vadatax, Winkel, Klythawk, jkung, Rimasson, ... What I see is a healthy and friendly growth of the number of bokeh enthusiasts. Looking at the future, as you say, we still have much to do and we shall explore more. Best wishes to everyone for the Holiday Season! :)
++2

. . . . . but you left someone out ....."Those who have recently contributed their bokehgraphs include: Keith, Michiel, Rafael, Dan, Tesselator, Friedel, JGH, hakkalo, Doc Klaus, Oliver, PeterB666, vadatax, Winkel, Klythawk, jkung, Rimasson, ... "and Leica

seakayaker

Chrismas Light Balls

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 -- ISO 400 -- f0.95 -- 1/125

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."
~ Clement Clark Moore

seakayaker

Autumn

blood-red the lungs
started out green
on bare branches
expose their veins
in the last
breath and die
splendidly in a gust of wind

~ Bert Schierbeek

Autumn Leafs

Voigtlander Heliar Classic 75mm f1.8 -- ISO 200 -- f1.8 -- 1/400

. . . . . thank you for the recommendation Michiel!

Happy Holidays!

f6cvalkyrie

Our Christmas Tree has exploded in an inferno of colours
Or have I been to much on cocaine ??

G1 with Retina Tele-Xenar 135/2.8

Merry Christmas to all of you !
Rafael​

Last edited:

kds315

Magnification with this rig is about 4:1 I think.
Nope, ONLY if you use the correct distance between that objective and the sensor, which was for a tube length of 160mm for Nikon microscopes. You'rs is much shorter, so magnification is much lower. Take a shot of that ruler in the background and divide by sensor size, then you know exactly! [read it on the objective 160/- means that and a focal length of about 40mm and no cover glass needs to be used. 0.1 is the NA, which corresponds to about f5].

Nice results actually!

P.S.: This cheap chinese RMS cone shaped tube is known to be prone to flare (they forgot to copy that from my original design I made for Beljan Manufacturing/US). Tape some black light absorbing material inside or use matte lacquer to prevent this.

Last edited:

Tesselator

Nope, ONLY if...
It's close anyway tho. I get 4.9mm of focus-plane subject across the 18mm sensor surface. Right? The M4/3 sensors are 18mm wide yeah?

Nice results actually!
Thanks!

my original design...
Interesting I know another guy who says it's his design - unless you're the same guy on www.photomacrography.net :) Ooooo, the plot thickens... :D

Happy Christmas from me and my GH1 with FD 85/1.2 L

Enjoy!

Leica 77

Chrismas Light Balls

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 -- ISO 400 -- f0.95 -- 1/125

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."
~ Clement Clark Moore

Hi Dan,
Please allow me to emphasize my praise for this special image by saying I agree with Tesselator and Keith that this image really ROCKS! :)