The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

K

klythawk

Chrismas Light Balls

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 -- ISO 400 -- f0.95 -- 1/125

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."
~ Clement Clark Moore

Amazing shot Dan, good to see you have fully recovered after your fall. :thumbup:

Would like to take this opportunity to thank all the regular contributors to this smashing thread, it provides all the inspiration i need. :)

Wishing everyone a merry Christmas and healthy new year.

John.

f6cvalkyrie

Again, so many fantastic bokehgraphs added recently by all participants.
This topic remains my favorite of all forum/topics I visit !
Congrats to all, and happy holidays !
Rafael

seakayaker

Hi Doc Klaus,
It's a lovely bokehgraph with lenticular bokeh! Merry Christmas to you! :)

++2 !!! A beautiful bokehgraph Klaus!

Not sure what lens you used but the bokeh is spectacular! Love the circular shapes that float down and appear as bowls . . . . . Wonderful!

seakayaker

Again, so many fantastic bokehgraphs added recently by all participants.
This topic remains my favorite of all forum/topics I visit !
Congrats to all, and happy holidays !
Rafael
++1 !!!

Yes, it is great to see the bokeh thread alive and healthy as we head into the new year! Beautiful imaginative bokeh!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments regarding the 'Christmas Light Balls' bokeh shot. I took the shot through my side window, (on a rainy night - it is Seattle after all), of my neighbors Christmas tree strung in white lights after everyone turned in for the night in anticipation of Santa's arrival.

I enjoyed the moment!

I do hope Santa or one of his helpers brought something for you all along with health & happiness for the upcoming year!

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Lovely images everyone!!

Here is one that reminds me of the manicured arrays of trees in the squares of Spain and Portugal - but this is from the City Hall Square in Toronto on Christmas Eve.

Yashica EZ F521 with a lovely plastic lens

Keith

Tesselator

Oooo, sell me that Biotar 75/1.5 :)

I'll trade ya a Canon FD 24mm/2.0 :D

The Canon FD 24mm F2.0 all taken at F/2.0. I have to say I'm a bit surprised at how good this lens is. I thought for sure there would be CA with extreme bokeh like this. But it's clear, contrasty, and very little CA at all. Nice bokeh IMO too! I included a 100% crop after each image - taken yesterday.

-=>Enjoy!<=-

seakayaker

Leica Bokeh

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 -- ISO 400 -- f2.8 -- 1/50

Santa arrived a few days late . . . . . his little elf's from the USPS arrived today with holiday greetings . . . . .

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
. . . Dan, that's nice

But don't let it interfere with your bokeh projects - I have an Epson RD-1 and I don't think you can see bokeh through that viewfinder :deadhorse:

Happy New Year - some day the flowers will come

Keith

seakayaker

. . . . . thanks everyone for the congrats on picking up the M8.2 . . . . . enjoying the experience, just need more time and more light!

Anyway, something from a recent visit to the Woodland Park Zoo with the GF1!

Komodo Dragon

GF1 with Leica D Summilux 25mm f/1.4 -- ISO 200 -- f/1.4 -- 1/125