The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

K

KlausInDK

Christmas tree bokeh with G2 and Rollei Planar 50mm 1.8 at F 4 (I think).

This is one of the glass bells that have been on the Christmas trees in our family for the last 100 years or so (at least since my grand parents where young, but I think my father told me they were from his grand parents).
View attachment 38928

In Denmark we call Christmas the feast of the hearts. This heart was made by my wife some 15 years ago.
View attachment 38929

A (late) merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you!
Klaus

Leica 77

Christmas tree bokeh with G2 and Rollei Planar 50mm 1.8 at F 4 (I think).

This is one of the glass bells that have been on the Christmas trees in our family for the last 100 years or so (at least since my grand parents where young, but I think my father told me they were from his grand parents).
View attachment 38928

In Denmark we call Christmas the feast of the hearts. This heart was made by my wife some 15 years ago.
View attachment 38929

A (late) merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you!
Klaus
Hi Klaus in Denmark,
These are precious and lovely Christmas ornaments! :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
This one is a physics bokehgraph: Sigma 500mm Mirror lens.

"Schrodinger's Donuts" (sorry, I can't do an umlaut)

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Chrismas Light Balls

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 -- ISO 400 -- f0.95 -- 1/125

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."
~ Clement Clark Moore

*******!!!!Happy New Year everybody!!!!********

Spend some time without WWW :angel:
Among all the fantastic contributions this one was (also) my favourite!
Congrats Dan!

@ Keith; Well spoken! You are the man! Thanks for that. Looking forward to continue to contribute to this wonderful thread on this nice forum.

Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Three lovely images, Michiel

"First Lights" is a wonderful example of bokeh and tilt working together to produce a fine picture.

The Reflections image makes me shiver to look at it. Both these pictures remind me a lot of the work that Mike Regnier does over in the blends thread.

You have a unique style - which shows in all your pictures.

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Nice to see a b & w bokehgraph, Leica. This one is beautifully executed and composed.
We don't see many images here in b & w but when we do, they get a lot of attention.

Michiel - I'm off on a cruise to Hawaii in a few weeks and I will be doing a PAD project. Lot's of days at sea, but there is always plenty of opportunity for shots on a cruise ship - let's hope the ship has upgraded it's internet feed (usually very slow)

Keith

Leica 77

Nice to see a b & w bokehgraph, Leica. This one is beautifully executed and composed.
We don't see many images here in b & w but when we do, they get a lot of attention.

Michiel - I'm off on a cruise to Hawaii in a few weeks and I will be doing a PAD project. Lot's of days at sea, but there is always plenty of opportunity for shots on a cruise ship - let's hope the ship has upgraded it's internet feed (usually very slow)

Keith
Hi Keith and Michiel,
Many thanks for your kind comments. Keith, have an enjoyable journey to Hawaii! Have you decided which lenses to take with you on your trip? Best regards, :)