The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

DHart

Sitting in my office just itching to photograph... something, anything... and make some bokeh with this fast little Canon 50/1.4 I just got for my GH2.

The keyboard images made with the 20mm f/1.7 native lens:

DHart

Hi DHart,
Many thanks for your kind comments. Yes, the GH2 is a wonderful camera and I love it! How about you? Best, :)
Yes, my friend, I'm really enjoying the GH2. I like my GF1 as well, but given the choice, I just much prefer the using an integrated EVF and the articulating LCD when that method is most appropriate... this camera has so many fantastic features. At this point, my GF1 will be kept mostly as a back up body and for use in particular occasions when the GH2 is somehow just too big or heavy and I need to use a smaller m4/3 body. I was tempted to get a GH1 because I wanted an integrated EFV, but I'm so glad I held off for the GH2. Can't wait to see what the GH3 brings us! ;)

DHart

More bokeh courtesy of Mister Carl Zeiss. I just picked up this C/Y Planar 50mm f/1.4 from an eBay auction that ended today. Seller happened to be not too far away, the weather was beautiful, so it was an excuse for a Harley ride to go get it. I didn't have a person to be my subject, so I just used the post. Not very exciting subject matter, but I'm thrilled with the bokeh from this lens! GF1, Planar 50mm/1.4, ISO 200, shot @ f/1.4. There is definitely something special about the bokeh with these Planars... 85/1.4 and 50/1.4, to my taste anyway.

Funny thing, the seller was a camera store with all kinds of used equipment, so I asked if they happened to have a Canon FD 135mm f/2.8. Sure enough, they had one that was indistinguishable from brand new in the factory box. I couldn't resist bringing it home too. ;)

Leica 77

Hi jkung and Show Performance,
@ jkung -- very nice smooth bokeh rendered by the 20mm pancake lens.
@ Show Performance -- I really like the busy bokeh. The Nokton 40mm lens has been shown to be an excellent bokeh lens, especially by Dan in this thread.
Best, :)

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
"Singular Leaf"
It's been a while since I've posted here. Most of my shots have a heavy emphasis on Bokeh, but by the time I've layered it with my textures, then it seems more suited to the Blends thread. Any way, here is one I did tonight.
Mike

DHart

GH2 & Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f/1.2 Aspherical

GH2 & Zeiss Planar T* 50mm/1.4 @ f/2

These fast legacy lenses are so addicting; it seems all I'm thinking these days is
bokeh, bokeh, bokeh! ;) My Panny lenses are feeling totally left out in the cold!

Don

Last edited:

Leica 77

These fast legacy lenses are so addicting; it seems all I'm thinking these days is bokeh, bokeh, bokeh! ;) My Panny lenses are feeling totally left out in the cold!

Don
Hi Don,
All excellent bokehgraphs -- my favorite is the last one taken with your Zeiss Planar T* 50mm f1.4 lens. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)