The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

turbines

"Hyacinth-eh"

Nice one, turbines- magenta WB used?
Thanks Klaus. No I just used the "as shot" setting with the camera set to Auto WB. It was shot on a overcast day. It looks over-saturated to my eye. I haven't much experience with this Flektogon but my initial impression is that it is quite good. Maybe a very good walk-around lens I think.

I always enjoy your macrobokehs.

Paul

turbines

@ Klaus Nice ones; what lens??

@ Michiel: very nice too. That Industar 61 looks pretty sharp and I may have to have a copy.

Paul

turbines

Dicentra spectabilis (Bleeding Heart)
DMC-G1, Canon 50 f1.4 (Minolta No. 2 AC Close up lens), ISO100 f1.4 @ 1/320 sec

Phlox subulata (Creeping Phlox)
DMC-G1, Canon 50 f1.4 (Minolta No. 2 AC Close up lens), ISO100 f1.4 @ 1/1600 sec

Prunus serrulata (Kwanzan Cherry)
G1 + Carl Zeiss Jena DDR Flektogon 35mm f2.4, ISO 200, ~f3.8 @1/250 sec handheld

A repost of an earlier image. Klaus hinted my WB was off the mark and after I ran it through ACR again and I realized he was quite right

Paul
Comments and suggestions are always appreciated

kds315

Very nices ones guys!

That lens I was using was a special lens, a CERCO f4.1 94mm UV-VIS-NIR apochromat, also here:

Almond tree in bloom

kds315

Sure, Lumix GH2 and a scientific CERCO 94mm quartz / fluorite lens.

This is the contra shot:

and here another one using the same lens:

absolutely not found any CA so far even at highest contrast.

f6cvalkyrie

It seems that spring is inspiring our posters to show off their best flower bokehgraphs ... so many beautiful shots ... a visual pleasure :thumbs:

Yesterday, I received a "new" lens, a Nikkor-UD 20/3.5, 40 years old, but in excellent condition.
I couldn't resist to use it for a bokehshot this morning ;)

Here it is :

Have a nice day,
Rafael

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Raf

That lens is a bokehgrapher's dream!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Looks like it was specifically designed to do the things we like best - the structure in that background is astounding

Keith