The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Rafael, and Michiel. Both of your shots sure look inviting!! Can't wait for spring. We had it last week for 3 days and then it snowed again.
The blue bark sure is different. Is it reflecting the sky somehow?

Mike

f6cvalkyrie

Yesterday, I went for a walk in the park, where some Prunus Japonica were flowering beautifully.
Here's a first shot, G1 with Leica Hektor 135/4

C U,
Rafael

turbines

@ Michiel & Raf you have posted some really nice images here lately. Good stuff! They are all very inspiring.

Broom Grass & Red-Tips
E-620, ZD 50-200 ED SWD f2.8-3.5, ISO 200 f3.2 @ 1/320 sec

Paul

Amin

Many great photos here by Paul, Michiel, Raf, Klaus, Mike, Don, and others. Mike, 'Double Reflections' is amazing. I haven't been able to get out much, recently, so here's a bokehgraph from yesterday within our family room:

Last edited:

DHart

Amin... that eyelash image is verrrry cool! Lens looks perhaps like a 50/1.4 or actually, maybe longer than that? Aperture?

Amin

Thanks, Don! That's my Pana-Leica 45/2.8 @f/2.8 and ISO 3200. My son was sitting in my lap, and I used the articulated LCD on the GH2 to compose at close range.

DHart

Paul.... I like the delicate detailing and contrast of the wheaty color with the rich colorful BG... nice!

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
@ Michiel & Raf you have posted some really nice images here lately. Good stuff! They are all very inspiring.

Broom Grass & Red-Tips
E-620, ZD 50-200 ED SWD f2.8-3.5, ISO 200 f3.2 @ 1/320 sec

Paul
Beautiful bokehgraph, Paul. I love the colours and the composition.

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Nice one Raf!

Nice perspective on your son's eyelash!

Thanks Paul and very nice tone and colours onyour " Broom Grass & Red-Tips "

Here is a (little soft) bokeh portrait of my niece in a street in Paris.

Michiel

turbines

@ Michiel: A very nice portrait with great bokeh. That Hexanon 85 looks like a good one.

Thank you for your compliment on my Broomgrass image.

@ Raf: Very nice!

Paul

Last edited:

f6cvalkyrie

:thumbs:Lovely portrait and great bokeh, Michiel !:thumbs:

Here's one I shot yesterday with the G1 and a Micro-Nikkor 105/2.8

C U,
Rafael

Michiel Schierbeek

Thank you, Amin, Paul and Raf! Yes Paul that 85mm Hexanon lens is my favourite treasure lately. :)

This is one from yesterday with a cheap unknown lens I quiet like for bokeh work.

Michiel