The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

turbines

@ Klaus I like that soft focus look with some subjects. The second one is a real beauity.

@ Michiel that is a gorgeous rose composition. How does your FL 85 1.8compare with the FD 85 1.2L ?

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

Paul, the FL 1.8 is actually a lot more usefull, on digital, on a sunny day outside.
The 1.2 you have to stop down a lot otherwise the pictures wash out on a sunny day.
Lighter too, very well made and the quality is very good too. Somehow I prefer the looks above the FD's but they are a bit of a hassle to put on the adapter.

In the evening though and portraits inside I prefer the FD 1.2. Unblievable the amount of light this lens still can capture in low light. Pure quality.

Michiel

Last edited:

turbines

Thanks for that good information Michiel. I've heard of others experiencing problems with FD adapters but I've had no problems with any of the 5 that I purchased. They do require more attention to mounting and unmounting then other adapters do but I have not considered any of them to be problematic. What is different with the FL adapters? I don't presently own any FL lenses.

Paul

Michiel Schierbeek

Well they do fit on my Ciecio FD adapter but to put the FL lenses on requires just more time and attention. You almost have to do it at home and test it before you leave. Yesterday I could not get the lens to infinity in the street just because it was not mounted well and there you often do not have the time and concentration to mount it well.
It is not like quickly change lenses like most others.
For the rest they are fine lenses. They come with beautiful hoods if you can find them. The 35/2.5 is nice too. Somewhere in this thread I posted a picture of tree of them.
I have 4 of them.

Michiel

JerryMK

Pretty colors Jerry. I think he's contemplating suicide. Which lens?

Paul
Thanks Paul. I think he is afraid of heights like myself ;)
The lens is a Tokina FD ATX 90mm f2.5 with the extension attached and for this shot I also mounted a closeup lens. So this is the real thing, no crop.

kds315

Very nice Jerry - great colors indeed. So funny how that beetle looks down
before the "big jump" ....

pink-n-green

Tesselator

Here's two more from this FL 58/1.2

I think most other lenses would produce a much nosier bokeh than seen in these. I'm liking this lens more than most!

f/1.2

f/2.0

kds315

Wow, what a sharp lens!

Here now a very different lens, a Century Precision Optics 3/150mm

pink-n-green II