The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Tesselator

@ Tesselator; I really like the last ones you posted and your quick focusing skill on moving subjects always amazes me. That AF 35-70 2.8D looks really good.
It's /alright/. It has a very good reputation - which is always good for resale value. The bokeh can be pretty annoying in some shots for sure! Stopped down a little it does have that crystal-clean look people pay the bucks for tho. :)

BTW, that's not my focusing skills at work there. I preset the focus to about 1m and stuck the barrel 80cm out from the swarm, and then clicked... without even looking. :D I tried a bunch of different shutter speeds and even tried it with flash but that looked best IMO.

turbines

@ Robin, Kieth & Peter: Neat stuff! :thumbup:

It's /alright/.

BTW, that's not my focusing skills at work there. I preset the focus to about 1m and stuck the barrel 80cm out from the swarm, and then clicked... without even looking. :D I tried a bunch of different shutter speeds and even tried it with flash but that looked best IMO.
May not be "focusing skills" but certainly a cool technique that captured an unusual image. Don't you just love how "experiments" turn out sometime?

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Superb shots guys!! What a feast while I was busy...
"Ultraviolet bokeh" ... straight from the cam.
Stunning shot Klaus

Thanks for the comments Raf and Mike - here is another from Spain using the Pentax 50mm and tilt adapter

"Casks, Jerez"

Keith

rparmar

Wonderful start, let's see some more! I really like the composition on this one.
Keith, thank you so much. There are more good photos in this thread than I could possibly comment on. Great to see what people are up to!

This one is nothing exceptional but I love the rendering nonetheless.

stop

kds315

Great shots guys!
@Keith: this is a superb one!!

More from my "UV bokeh" series... "white water lily"

Winkel

Great stuff everyone!

Keith - I love the ornamental tree. And Klaus, well done UV bokeh series.

Spring is finally in full swing here in Ottawa. Here's one of my beautiful alternate-leaf dogwood (E-PL1 with a Steinheil Munchen Auto-D-Tele-Quinar 55/1.9):

and another one with the same Quinar 55/1.9:

Jim