The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Michiel Schierbeek

Keith :thumbup:
Pham Minh Son :thumbup:
Klaus :thumbup:

@Paul
Don't know yet, but it is softer as the others wide open, but it has certainly its own very special character in drawing backgrounds.
It feels like worldwar II (heavy steel and glass instead of light plastic and electronics) :confused:
Didn't get to the swirl department of it yet.

Michiel

turbines

@ Michiel: Thanks for that and any future info on the 85s you can furnish

@ Pham Minh Son, Klaus and Keith: very very nice!

Here are a few with the new 35-70. It's not much of a bokeh maker and doesn't focus very close.

Paul

Comments & suggestions are always appreciated

kds315

From my balcony, the first Rudbeckia flower starts to unfold this year (in UV):

I see great shots guys! Esp. the tilted ones are really encouraging!

W

WGM

Very nice images all around everyone--and such a variety of approaches!
My contribution from yesterday morning:

Poppies E-P2, OM 50mm @1.8

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Very nice images all around everyone--and such a variety of approaches!
My contribution from yesterday morning:

Poppies E-P2, OM 50mm @1.8
WGM:

A fine bokehgraph of one of my favorite subjects - nice delicate color. I like the "in motion" series on your website (remind me of Mike Regnier's car window shots over in the Blends thread)

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
I was getting into my car today, when I noticed the reflections thru the open door. I picked the foreground flowers to focus on and then composed the image around the reflections of the flowers.
50mm f 1.5 Voightlander and EP-2

Mike

m3photo

Looking and Seeing

I was getting into my car today, when I noticed the reflections thru the open door. I picked the foreground flowers to focus on and then composed the image around the reflections of the flowers.
Nice one Mike - difference between looking and seeing ... :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I couldn't get any detail of "Soft Rose" in Lightroom so I processed it a single image in HDR Express, which provides more contrast and also a bit more noise

Keith