The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

f6cvalkyrie

Mike, both nice pics, but #1 is my favorite !

Keith, I'm not sure which one I prefer. Maybe still the first post, because of its nice warm tones ???

Vreeke, very nice shot ! Welcome to the Bokeh topic, also. It's always nice to see new posters join in !

Robin, very nice heather blue ! Which lens did you use ?

C U
Rafael

f6cvalkyrie

Here's 2 +/- abstract shots of a spider web in the rain.
Shot with G1 and Heinz Kilfitt Macro-Kilar 40/2.8

I really like the way this lens glows when used wide open !

C U
Rafael

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I love the composition and bokehs in #2, Raf

Here is another rose, this time with the Meyer Trioplan 100mm at f2.8

Keith

f6cvalkyrie

Thanks, everybody !
Paul, Lovely flower shot ! Eglantine ??
Keith, very nice color and "glow" in your rose !

Here's two from yesterday evening, just when the sun was going down behind the forest in the backyard ....

G1 with Meyer-Optik Trioplan 100/2.8

Have a nice day,
Rafael

turbines

Thanks, everybody !
Paul, Lovely flower shot ! Eglantine ??
Keith, very nice color and "glow" in your rose !

Have a nice day,
Rafael
Thanks Raf. Your last two are lovely with beautiful colors. That Trioplan rules.

The Rose was spotted on the edge of a restaurant parking lot. It was of the hybrid variety known only to me as "pretty flower". It may be Eglantine but I'm no Botanist.

W

WGM

This page is so good I hesitate adding to it.

Smooth bokeh for a little separation.

E-P2 OM 90mm Macro @f2

turbines

@ Michiel; That Helios gives some very smooth bokeh. Both images are very nice.

@WGM: I like your Iris Bud. The background is just right for a simple subject.

m3photo

Re: UV Series

Now something very different "UV bokeh" - a shot done in reflected ultraviolet light, which makes that white flower appear in that color, as it highly reflects UV. The foliage and BG does not, so they appear dark gray. This is a jpg directly from the (modified) camera, no PP.
Klaus, your ultraviolet series is beautiful. Contrasting violet and black has always been special in painting and photography and your examples are fascinating. Thanks for sharing.

kds315

Most welcome Michael, it was a rare find, it was previously not known that outside and inside were so different in UV... we humans can't see that.

turbines

Klaus, your ultraviolet series is beautiful. Contrasting violet and black has always been special in painting and photography and your examples are fascinating. Thanks for sharing.
+1 Very nice Klaus

Paul

Comments & suggestions are always appreciated