The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Owen_Coors

Ok, Michiel. Here's another of my efforts:

Radioactive-seawater anomaly... Jupiter-3 1.5/50

Quantum-dot harvest (ingestion)... Jupiter-3 1.5/50

Owen_Coors

Thanks, but that's way more attention than my amateur-images should be receiving.
Taphapy, for the 5 abstracts that I shared on this page I simply arranged various objects and used very simple lighting and went hunting for anything usable. "Radioactive-seawater" was an intentional setup. I used sheet brass to isolate the red end of a thermometer, set a blue transluscent 12" ruler approximately 2" from the red globe, dropped a tiny piece of crumpled aluminum next to the globe, lit the objects from above and pointed my lens, with 67mm of macro rings, at the reflective surface of the rule and shot away. The portion that looks like seaweed is actually scratches on the ruler. Each image has a similar story. No photoshop at all and all shot in raw, converted, resized, cropped (if necessary) and saved as jpgs for web.

Owen_Coors

That 12mm looks very nice.
My daughter lent me her OM 1.8/50 and I had a go with it. High contrast lenses I've avoided with digital. My thinking was that they'd give less dynamic range, but I'm not so sure that this is correct, now. Anyway, I had to return this lens to my daughter and I thought so much of the files it produced that I bought one for my own use, not here yet. I didn't do many "bokeh type" images with it, but here are a few samples.

Wild carrot... OM 1.8/50 @ f11

One at a time/His only recourse... OM 1.8/50

Last edited: