The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

DHart

Don,

Those look really great. I may have to have one of those. Have you formed any opinion as to which you like best?

Paul
Hey Paul... I would have a hard time picking between the two at this early stage in the game. I like the extra 2mm coverage that the 12mm offers and the edge in speed. The sharpness may be a touch better, perhaps, as well. But the 14mm is a fine performer and offers a very similar look and FOV for much less money. If the price isn't an issue, I'd say go for the 12. If the price is an issue, I'm sure the 14 will satisfy similarly. How's that for a not-very-helpful reply? ;)

turbines

The price difference has made up my mine and I'll probably go with the 14mm. Thanks for your reply.

@ Owen, love the last B.O.B. shot

Paul

Last edited:

DHart

Paul... I think you'll be very happy with the performance of the 14mm... it's close enough to the 12mm for prime time!

Owen_Coors

Wild encounter... OM 1.8/50

I don't know if this works, but I like certain aspects of it

Thanks, for the comments below, Michiel and Paul.

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

There was a time when Michiel saw weird faces in all his bokehgraphs but we cured him of that :deadhorse:

Keith
It always turned out to be you so I did not dare anymore. :D

May be you can see some faces in the background of this one. :eek:

Shot with the good old G1 because I lost my battery charger in Paris.
(Why has every model a different battery, should be a law against it for ecological an client friendly reasons)

Michiel

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I haven't contributed to this thread for a while.
G3 and Jupiter 3 50 f/1.5 (My lens has been modified for closer focus and tuned by Brian Sweeney for best focus w/o on M body.)
Tiger Swallowtail on a Zinnia

Michiel Schierbeek

@ Cindy; wonderfull scene and colours.

@ Arie; nice ones and welcome. I thought another Dutchman, but half of our population seem to live in Canada including my sister and family :)

Here are two with different lenses from me.

All the best, Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Some really nice lenses here, three of which I have
Willabeast - the yellow daisy is great
Cindy - really nice composition and color with the Jupiter 3
Michiel - the Meyer Trioplan is still a strong favorite of mine - love the colors of the cone heads
Owen - another super abstract
Arie - love the bokeh in number 2

This one is with a lens I haven't used for ages - the Wallensak 25mm, 1.5 (Oly E-PL1)

Keith

Last edited: