The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Stunning images Carl

Michiel - again the color and composition are up to the normal high standards. Lovely mix of subject and bokeh (reverse portrait :))

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
"Wall Of Bugs" EP2 with 50mm Pentax lens with tilt adapter.

I know this isn't the best of the Bokeh photos, but I bet it is the biggest!
This is for a job that I am doing for the Federal Building here and it is made up of two shots of a swarm of bugs. It is going to be 95 feet long and will have other seasonal shots of mine that are 4ft square printed on plexi mounted on top of the wall.

Mike

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
"Wall Of Bugs" EP2 with 50mm Pentax lens with tilt adapter.

I know this isn't the best of the Bokeh photos, but I bet it is the biggest!
This is for a job that I am doing for the Federal Building here and it is made up of two shots of a swarm of bugs. It is going to be 95 feet long and will have other seasonal shots of mine that are 4ft square printed on plexi mounted on top of the wall.

Mike
Oh my :bugeyes:, I thought my browser had stopped loading. I'm scratching already. Can we get in a bit nearer?

Biggest bokehgraph yet, but I'll see what I can do on my photowalk tomorrow.

Keith

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Here is one of the original shots used for the wall graphic. I did a lot of stretching and duplicating to get it to the 95 ft.

Mike

Michiel Schierbeek

Mike

The original looks fantastic!
Can't really form an opinion on the monumental mural. Would like to see how it works out on the spot? It looks so much paler now.
It sure is huge!
Are you using dibond-printfolie-plexiglas?

Congratulations on this commission.

Michiel

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Michiel. Here is a close up, but only at 15% of image size. I did this image at 75dpi and then added noise. I did 3 of these walls with the same imagery, and just moved the images around to keep them somewhat different. They are all different color themes.
I won't be printing any of this job, so I don't know how they are printing the seasonal images on the plexi. I'll find out from the designer of the project. Should be interesting.
I am still waiting for them to finish the space with the last large wall images of the buildings, so that I can get a few installation shots. It's hard to visualize how these will look.

Mike

f6cvalkyrie

Hi,

I've been away for some 6 weeks, and I'm really glad to see this forum and this thread especially going as strong as ever.

So many excellent bokehgraphs shared by the participants :thumbs::thumbs:

Here's one I shot a few days ago with my G1 and a Heinz Kilfitt Makro-Kilar 40/2.8

C U,
Rafael