The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

Brian S

Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm F3.5 Tessar "T", wide-open on the EP-2.

This lens is newly converted to Nikon S-Mount using a mount left over from a Sonnar conversion, formerly Exakta mount. Very few Tessar formula lenses were made to be used on a Nikon RF.

On the Olympus using an Amedeo Adapter.

G

gzuiko

1937 uncoated "bright face" Tessar 5cm f3.5, Contax mount, Panasonic Lumix G2 using Kipon advanced adapter w/helicoid, ISO 100 1/800 at f5.6

According to Harmut Thiele, this lens was manufactured and delivered for the Super-Nettel camera, but was actually used in a Contax RF mount.

kds315

Deliberately enhanced spherical abberration, using a Lyman Alpha f1.1/90mm catoptric lens.

Michiel, we had quite nice weather a while ago, so a lot of flowers were out, now at
-15 degrees at night, they are all nearly gone...

Brian S

Very nice Klaus, I would like to see a picture of the lens.

This Post-War 5cm F3.5 Tessar "T" is more common, A much more common lens but few were made in Contax mount. This one is now in a Rigid Contax mount. The glass is much cleaner than the first one shown above, shimmed for Nikon S-Mount. I marked one with "N", this one with "C".

Wide-Open on the EP2.

I am thinking the Ground Hog is Right!

My TTL viewer for setting the focus for the lens in the new mount.

Next Stop; Contax IIIa.

kds315

This is a nice conversion Brian and the results look good to me. As this is a "bokeh" thread about using lenses, I'd rather not show lens pictures, but here is a link to that lens (those lenses actually) and another shot:

Brian S

Konica 30mm F1.9, converted to C-Mount from a Konica "EYE" half-frame, on the EP2.

Wide-open. I need to make an aperture mechanism for this lens.

G

gzuiko

Wide open with that lens looks pretty darned good, I think. Maybe you don't need an aperture? (like the Pentax 110 lenses)

Jim

f6cvalkyrie

It's been a long time since I've posted anything in this thread. After I bought the GH2,
I felt less the urge to shoot with my vintage lenses (except the Nikkor 300/2.8 for birding).
I have no idea why.

But today, I took my DKL-mount SK Retina Tele-Arton 85/4 for a walk, and I came home with these :

C U,
Rafael

Brian S

"Not on the EP2 yet", but will be using the Leica to u43 adapter.

Leitz Varob 5cm F3.5, Enlarger lens. Optically, I believe this lens is identical to the uncoated Elmar.

Now in an RF-coupled focus mount. This lens is sharp across the full-range, out to infinity.

Brian S

1951 KMZ Jupiter-3, rear triplet was bad. Replaced using a 1957 rear triplet. So now it is a mixture of German and Russian glass, converted to Contax mount.

on the Ep2 using an Amedeo adapter.

Wide-Open at F1.5.

Sometimes I stop down. I made a combination aperture/sun-shade for the Konica 30/1.9...Just in case.