The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographing your Bokeh

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I like it better when bokeh is what you can't see rather than what you can see. I was lost wondering what was the subject in the photo?
I think most people think that way, Pellicule. This thread is mostly populated by posts from folks who don't

Keith

f6cvalkyrie

A new lens is living in my cupboard since today !
A Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 20/4, in Exakta mount

Although the weather promised nothing good for photography, I took the lens to the garden and shot a few first pics.

The image in the EVF is bright, colorful and contrasty, so focusing is easy.
Lens focuses very close also : up to 0.5 ft (15 cm)

Here's a first shot :

C U,
Rafael

Brian S

Well, if it a Subject that you want...

1935 CZJ Sonnar 5cm F1.5, wide-open on the EP2 using a Leica adapter. Lens converted from Contax mount to Leica screw mount.

Wide-Open on the "full-frame camera"...

Uncoated Sonnars fascinate me.

Last edited:

Brian S

Very nice J-9 image, reminds me to use it on the Amedeo adapter on the EP2. and more on the Contax. Lower contrast than the Nikkor-P 8.5cm f2.

pellicule

I think most people think that way, Pellicule. This thread is mostly populated by posts from folks who don't

Keith
Yup, thats what makes it interesting, and results in an better forum.
To be honest I usually only surf the forums in winter when its too dark, cold and wet. Yes I admit I'm a fair weather photog :) and during winter I'm usually found doing this instead :watch: except with Belgian beer and Bombay mix supposedly building up my energy for the summer months.

We had a shed load of snow a few weeks ago, and guess what, no camera! I had sold the X100 and was deciding to order the GX1, G3, or get the EP3. Now I'm fully armed with the GX1 and 25mm :) but now its good old Manchester grey at the weekends with glorious blue sky and sun during working day :(

Actually I think it is the wealth of photos that truly inspire, that make this the best forum, not forgetting the generous folks who encourage us all to do better.

A+

G

gzuiko

Very nice J-9 image, reminds me to use it on the Amedeo adapter on the EP2. and more on the Contax. Lower contrast than the Nikkor-P 8.5cm f2.
Thanks Brian, this one was sent to me from Israel. Same year though as the J-3 you cleaned up for me last year. I think they make a good pair. Works well on the Panasonic G2. Haven't shot with it yet on the Contax.

Brian S

Argus 50mm F3.5 Cintar, converted to Nikon S-Mount, on the EP2 using an Amedeo adapter.

Wide-Open.

I suspect there are not many of these in use on a Nikon SP.

G

gzuiko

Looks pretty good. I wonder what happened to my old C3 Matchmatic now! It was said that those Cintars were good lenses. Looks like they were right.