The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bare Bones Bag Stealth

JMaher

I thought I would pass this on as there was a recent discussion about bags and in a particular about the BBB. There seemed to be a lot of interest in this bag but not with the reflective front and velcro. Well apparently he listened and just introduced an alternative.

http://figitalrevolution.com/bare-bones-bag-camera-bag-leica-lomo-lca-zeiss-rangefinder/

It's funny I would have purchased this if I had seen it a week ago but based on other comments in this forum I bought a Terraclime 100 earlier this week. I have not even had time to take it on an outing but it seems like it will be great for carrying a lite outfit with me.

Jim

trisberg

This looks like a great bag. I was looking at Terraclime as well but might try this instead. Thanks for the tip.

Diane B

That's a nice one Terry. I like my Terraclime and have the 5xb also, and SO don't need any more bags LOL (though I probably can't match you). Its appears to be slightly 'full' and with removeable/moveable dividers might be an easier shooting bag--as you say, just right for a G kit.

I'll have to check it out at my BB next time I'm there. Interesting that its not on the LP site. I'm also partial to that chartreuse interior as the TC. It gives a nice contrast to the black (or maybe dark grey??).

Diane

back alley

that is a nice looking bag and cheap to boot!

i just bought a knock off of an a&a bag (oskar) that is very nice and ordered a bbb stealth yesterday.

JMaher

Terry,

Please don't find and other nice looking bags. Your posts are the main reason I purchased a Terraclime and while I really do like it I already have more bags than I want to count. I may need to start selling the unused ones.

I am afraid I may have a (small) bag addiction.

Jim

Terry

I'm soooooooooo sorry :grin:

Terry,

Please don't find and other nice looking bags. Your posts are the main reason I purchased a Terraclime and while I really do like it I already have more bags than I want to count. I may need to start selling the unused ones.

I am afraid I may have a (small) bag addiction.

Jim

Diane B

Do we need to start a BA (Bag Anonymous) chapter?? David does walk by my 'bag closet' occasionally (as well as my lens shelves) and just roll his eyes LOL.

Diane

pellicle

Hi Jim

I thought I would pass this on as there was a recent discussion about bags and in a particular about the BBB.
thanks for posting that ... makes me feel somehow better as this is almost exactly what I have done with my Ex-army gasmask bag which I got for $5 at a disposal store. It already had some sewn in compartments and is quite 'stealth'

I did notice that the reaction to my suggestion on that line was taken with a grain of salt and everyone seems happier paying $500 for a 'brand bag' to help camera thieves single them out even faster.

M

meilicke

Ever since I bought a Saddleback Leather satchel, all other bags have disappeared from my sight. When I bought a used G1 last night, my only real concern was how it would fit in the bag. Honestly, if it would not have fit, I would not have purhased it. Thankfully it all worked out. :) Now on to their briefcase...

Scott

M

meilicke

Now that I looked at the BBB website, they are very similar to the saddleback bag I have - no zippers and minimal hardware to break. I like that. The dimensions are also very similar. And 1lb 3oz lighter. Nice!

andrewteee

The BBB bags are nice. I really like them. I might get the Stealth too.

The Saddleback bags look great. The guy has quite a life story. Sometimes, I want something besides the new high-tech fabrics, great as they are.

jdbfreeheel

And me the bag queen came across this one today that is similar to the terraclime and some people may like the interior better.

I saw it at Best buy and thought I would look it up on line when I got home. Can't find it on the Lowepro site, Amazon or B&H. If you click on the picture there is a shot of the inside. VERY light padding perfect for a small "G" kit.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9442203&type=product&id=1218105183710
I actually bought this bag for my EP-1 kit. I'm planning to mod it slightly to add a net book neoprene case (which fits perfectly) in it as well, attaching velcro to the net book case such that it can be placed in the rear of the bag and the bag's padded inserts attached to it, thus creating a perfect mobile small kit.

Will post pics when I get it finished.