The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Firmware E-P1

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
It doesn't tell you this but when you connect the camera to the USB cord, on the LCD you will see some menu options...
Highlight Storage if it isn't already and press the OK button...that will get things going....
that's a tip from the EP-1 forum....Jman saved me on that...
Shooter

barjohn

I must be doing something wrong. I am running on an iMac with Snow Leopard 10.6.1 and I can't retrieve the camera version number and when I do the update checker I get a server error 20.

Last edited:

Terry

when you first plug in the camera you will get a lst on the camera screen storage, something else, printing. Hit the OK button on the camera. Now start the upgrade from the computer.

barjohn

I am doing that and I get a failed to communicate with the server message. Do I need to have registered first?

jdbfreeheel

I just installed the Oly software (requires restart), plugged in my camera (no menu/list for me on the screen, just blank), ran the software and went to camera menu heading, check for updates which launched a "you need to register first" pop up and then went to a Oly website to fill out a web form, etc. After all of that, the check for updates worked.

I'm running osx 10.6.1 as well.

barjohn

I have registered and still no joy. Did you use the version that came with the camera on the disk or download the latest version? I registered but it still popped up that I needed to register. Very frustrating software.

Terry

I have registered and still no joy. Did you use the version that came with the camera on the disk or download the latest version? I registered but it still popped up that I needed to register. Very frustrating software.
I loaded the disk. Registered with serial number. Then ran the update.

When you plug the camera into the computer it turns on and you come to a screen that says USB at the top yes or no?

barjohn

Yes I do and storage is high lighted. I then press OK. However from the software it will not read the version number. It shows device blank and version blank. If the camera is not connected I get it can't find a camera error. Any suggestions or clues?

barjohn

Even though I have now registered the camera multiple times the software still brings up the registration screen when I open it.

gDallasK

Installed 1.1 - seems just the same to me

I don't notice any improvement in the camera or lens performance. I had hoped that Olympus would have done something to recover the ground lost to Panasonic with the more responsive GF-1.

I was also not impressed with the whole update progress. What's wrong with the quicker, simpler approach of loading the update onto a memory card and inserting it into the camera which everybody else uses? By the time I'd (re)installed the hated Master programme, then discovered that the standard USB cable left permanently attached to my PC didn't actually fit the EP-1, retreived the Olympus cable and run the upgrade process twice - once for the camera and again for the lens, a whole hour had passed.

I still like the camera though .......

R

rover

Golly, I can't wait to go through this myself. I think I will just try to get home a little early and do it while I have customer service on the line.

retow

Just updated both, camera and lens firmware. In good light conditions, AF seems noticeably faster with the pancake, but not so much with the kit zoom. Yet, the update does not make the pen a speed demon. The time between locking AF and shutter release still doesn't impress me, whether with the 17mm or the zoom. Will have to see what the GF1 brings here, but it seems that the Oly firmware update has not risen the bar to unreachable levels.