The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New firmware for the 45-200

V

Vivek

Yes, they all come at a premium.

I expect more "updates" with the same caveat.

Get the 65 Euro battery or else!!

Terry

Panasonic apparently pulled the firmware update from the site....I never got to do it. It will probably return with the batteries disabled. I don't have any third party versions.

V

Vivek

Good one! :)

[FWIW, I do use AF (sunny conditions) with the Oly-D17/2.8 and Ricoh GW-1 (0.75X converter) combo. As long as it does not make it any worse, it should be OK.]

hot

GLORIA VICTORIA ... for Pentax Kx and friends ... they use AA cells, 10times cheaper than other manufacturers (original) LiIONs !

eneloop rulez !

V

Vivek

GLORIA VICTORIA ... for Pentax Kx and friends ... they use AA cells, 10times cheaper than other manufacturers (original) LiIONs !

eneloop rulez !
Thanks for posting, Hot!:)

This is one serious camera to take a look at. Once I understand how they have included both phase/contrast detection focus and how they implemented it, I may get one.

This could be the answer for a larger sized sensor compact cam. ;)

Terry

Vivek... I think we could get enough donations around here to buy you one if you would consent to the yellow or hot pink and we took away your black paint and markers. What do you think?????

V

Vivek

Vivek... I think we could get enough donations around here to buy you one if you would consent to the yellow or hot pink and we took away your black paint and markers. What do you think?????
Terry, Bad paint job is my speciality! :ROTFL:

I am not going to say much about this other than it really made me sit up and take a look (no light bulb icons?!). :)

There are practical reasons (other than the size) why I have not hacked up my black Nikon D300 (with its red stripe). The live view implementation there sucks.

If the Pentax Kx offers what I hope for, it is the one and I am getting one, whatever color I can get my hands on.;)

f6cvalkyrie

Hi Vivek

In regard to your "country of origin", I would suggest that you get the orange one. Me, I'll wait untill they have a black, yellow and red one :D:D

C U,
rafael