The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

For the women :) ok guys can look as well

Terry

Perfect case for your GF1 in a handbag. I actually HAD it in my stash (can you believe it no new purchase) and needed something for my trip today :D.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/340284-REG/Op_Tech_USA_8201114_MF_Soft_Body_Cover.html

In Optech terms I believe it is the D Small

http://optechusa.com/product/detail/?PRODUCT_ID=32&PRODUCT_SUB_ID=&CATEGORY_ID=5#

There is enough give that I think it will allow for a leather half case on the camera.
Sorry for the cr*p pictures. Late to go to the airport and need to stop at Fedex along the way.

Last edited:

Diane B

Looks good. I have 2 Optech for my larger cameras/lens--I used them when I just added a camera/lens to a regular backpack. Whoops, no--they actually are Zings.

Diane B

Cindy, do you think the ring on the Gordy strap will rub the body?? I've been looking around at the straps I have and that issue came to mind since its a black metal body.

And---you two must have similar stashes LOL.

Diane

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cindy, do you think the ring on the Gordy strap will rub the body?? I've been looking around at the straps I have and that issue came to mind since its a black metal body.

And---you two must have similar stashes LOL.

Diane
Diane, I suppose it could, but I see no evidence of it yet. I will probably put a little piece of black gaffers tape there.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Let me guess, if I offered to send it to you, you wouldn't turn it away and send it back.
Terry,
Yer right about that. Actually I had a short time with my bud's over the weekend and I will probably get one in the future just cause it's a nice camera.
I was very surprised at how fast the AF really worked....
I just wish it had in camera IS cause with the 20...it's a very nice low light camera...
I tested the lens on my Pen and the results were better because of the IS....
other than that, they did a great job......

It ain't a Pen but it's really nice...
Don

LJL

Diane, I suppose it could, but I see no evidence of it yet. I will probably put a little piece of black gaffers tape there.
Cindy,
If you do not mind my offering a suggestion.....get a small piece of thin leather about the size of a dime. Punch a hole in the center and slip it over the anchor. Then put the ring with strap back on. The leather will not scratch or leave an residue on the body. You can probably get a small sample swatch from a leather furniture place, and it would be enough to make similar protectors for all your cameras. Just a thought. You could even "customize" the look with different color dyed leather....like dark gray or a nice burgundy....or a "red dot".

LJ

wjlapier

I have a GF-1 coming. I'd prefer a wriststrap and will probably go with one of these Luigi types. Hope he doesn't mind the free publicity! I have the split ring type on my M's.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cindy,
If you do not mind my offering a suggestion.....get a small piece of thin leather about the size of a dime. Punch a hole in the center and slip it over the anchor. Then put the ring with strap back on. The leather will not scratch or leave an residue on the body. You can probably get a small sample swatch from a leather furniture place, and it would be enough to make similar protectors for all your cameras. Just a thought. You could even "customize" the look with different color dyed leather....like dark gray or a nice burgundy....or a "red dot".

LJ
LJL, Thanks for the suggestion. I have some of those leather protectors from Luigi. The gaffers tape is just less bulky. I cut it to fit around the lug and you almost can't see it.

I have a GF-1 coming. I'd prefer a wriststrap and will probably go with one of these Luigi types. Hope he doesn't mind the free publicity! I have the split ring type on my M's.
The Luigi straps are my favorite. I have one on my G1.
View attachment 22741

wjlapier

I have Luigi straps on all my cameras. In fact I have a Luigi wrist strap on my D700. The lugs are different on the GF-1 than the G1, so I'd prefer not to use the split ring this time around. Just emailed Luigi for a pair--never know when you'll need another.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Hello, KL here—where did you two get your GF1s from??? I am on a notification list with bhphoto; I have one with the 20/1.7 on order with Adorama—and Amazon will not ship this camera to Australia!!!!

Interested folk want to know!

Terry

Hello, KL here—where did you two get your GF1s from??? I am on a notification list with bhphoto; I have one with the 20/1.7 on order with Adorama—and Amazon will not ship this camera to Australia!!!!

Interested folk want to know!
Hi Kit,
Long time since I've seen you posting. A bunch of us got them through Panasonic.com. I doubt they will ship to Oz since it would be in competition with Panny Aussie.

There is an active forum member Monza (Robert) and he is with a shop in Texas Preicsion-Camera that a lot of people are using. Look in the commercial buy/sell on the forum home page. I believe they are expecting stock shortly.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Hello TEB; yes—work. You know how that goes. I will PM Robert now. sorry about the all-italic/frantic posting, too.

Thank you, K

Last edited: