The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF1 questions...?

Y.B.Hudson III

Perhaps early adapters could answer "Questions" about the GF1.

I have 2 questions...

1) Does the Gf1 have a delay when the shutter button is depressed while the viewfinder is on magnification assist as with the G1?

2) Perhaps some one could post a pic of the lightwell, as I believe it is different than the G1, and could the different design affect c-mount modifications?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Perhaps early adapters could answer "Questions" about the GF1.

I have 2 questions...

1) Does the Gf1 have a delay when the shutter button is depressed while the viewfinder is on magnification assist as with the G1?

2) Perhaps some one could post a pic of the lightwell, as I believe it is different than the G1, and could the different design affect c-mount modifications?
I could see no difference between the delay in GF1 and G!. Maybe someone else could check this out too.

Here are your pictures. Blue body is G1, black is GF1.
View attachment 22754View attachment 22755

pellicle

YB

not having one I didn't want to speculate, but just wondering what you might have been expecting? (Myself I was expecting them to be so similar as to be nearly identical. It would make no sence to develop a second mechanism when re-tasking the same one would cost less in production.)

Y.B.Hudson III

Cindy Flood... thank you for the pics. It appears the new light-well design could provide better clearances for some c-mount lenses.

pellicle... The shutter delay one experiences with manual focus, legacy lenses happens with the camera on aperature priority, MF assist magnification, and the metering mode-(center weighted), with a quick full press of the shutter. I believe it is a software sequencing problem, and not a hardware problem.

pellicle

YB

pellicle... The shutter delay one experiences with manual focus, legacy lenses happens with the camera on aperature priority, MF assist magnification, and the metering mode-(center weighted), with a quick full press of the shutter.
ok ... never experienced such with my G1 ... not sure if you have a GF and are asking about this ... I mainly use legacy lenses on my camera. Personally I find there to be no significant delay from press to shutter operation on my G1 either with a remote release or from the main button.

I believe it is a software sequencing problem, and not a hardware problem.
ok, so you are having a problem? I would be very interested to see if you do own a G1 and are having any delays with your G1 if I can replicate it on mine.

you might have a warranty issue if so.

any delay to release the shutter I've experienced in any digicam over the years has always been associated with the camera following the steps of
1) focus
2) release shutter

in all cameras I've ever used which allow manual focus I get no delay when using manual. C-mount and legacy lens will be using manual focus therefore bypassing step 1) above.

(btw, I was also assuming that the software sub-systems were identical in many areas as why redevelop them too ... as it happens I work in software and have had some embedded systems design work in my past. I assumed that any 'delay' must be from the processor as physical machines react in microseconds)

Rawfa

Cindy, since you seem to have the G1 and the GF1 could tell us how does the Gf1 fare against the G1? High iso, focus speed, etc.