The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Image stabilisation for Video (GF1)

N

nautilus

A Panasonic sales rep told me that Panasonic's lenses for the GF1 can stabilize still images AND as well video recordings. He wasn't able to explain me how the lenses do that. I don't believe it.

Who knows?

nostatic

Same with Canon. The OIS is built into the lens so whatever view that is passed to the sensor is stabilized.

N

nautilus

I've seen that large hydraulic stabilizing equipment that film crews use.

Therefore I think that stabilization for video means low frequency stabilisation which is very different from fast moving sensors or lens elements for still photography.

If this large hydraulic equipment could be substituted by stabilized lenses, this would be very helpful. And an important information for choosing the right camera since Olympus uses sensor stabilisation which then isn't able to stabilize video recordings if I understand you right?