The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF1 Images/Pics/Photos Thread

markwon

m_driscoll and woodmancy, thank you for your comments.

Here is a shot at ISO 1250 with only LR 2.5 Noise reduction. The second was at only ISO400 but the tricky lighting and exposure adjustments brought in some noise.

ISO1250

bradhusick

Seattle Olympic Sculpture Garden

14-140 lens set at 41mm
1/60 sec, f/5.3, ISO 400
full frame

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Mark: The first one's my favorite. I like the perspective depth, that the boy's alone, and the look on his face.

Scho: Nice composition. Simple color and subject with detail and texture. Draws the eye into the wood grain and metal surfaces.

Brad: Nice, dynamically balanced composition: the thrusting empty stair anchored by the the two seated people; the larger expanse of blue glass, concrete and aluminum counterbalanced by the red chairs.

Thanks all for sharing. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

I can't help it! More fruits and vegetables.

This camera likes fruits and vegetables! Tomatoes and brussels sprouts are favored with perfect exposure and color. The "as shot" and the "auto" white balance settings in Lightroom 2 for the second photo were exactly the same. The tourists have thinned out; so, I bought two pounds of grapes to compensate for my presence taking photos.

My EVF came today from Japan (same day Amazon would have shipped it out if I was a little more patient). I like it a lot. It's certainly good enough to MF. Thanks for looking. Cheers.

1. GF1;14-45mm lens; 45mm; 1/60s @f/5.6; -1/3 EV; ISO 400

2. GF1;14-45mm lens; 23mm; 1/30s @f/5.6; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

Brian Mosley

Matt, you've got yourself one cool sprout cam! :thumbs: :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Cheers, your first shot is terrific!

Brian

scho

Matt,

Very nice, vibrant produce shots. Is this outdoor or indoor lighting? Supermarkets often use special lights (select color temperature range?) over produce to enhance colors and I wondered if that was the case here or not.

Regards,
Carl

V

Vivek

Seattle Olympic Sculpture Garden

14-140 lens set at 41mm
1/60 sec, f/5.3, ISO 400
full frame
Brad, It seems that you underexposed. You shouldn't be seeing this much noise at ISO400. Did you, by any chance, pull the exposure up in the post?

V

Vivek

Brad,

It looks like the exposure was set for the stairs/panels. Half the frame that is in the shade is definitely in the shade (I don't even know what the heck I mean by that other than pointing the obvious).

I am really puzzled that at ISO400, the shade area appears to be cracking up.

I do not know if this is from the camera or the software or the difficult light or a combination of some or all.:confused:

simonclivehughes

I'm wondering if the concrete has a texture or a mixture of stones that makes it look as if it's chrominance noise. I think there is some noise there, but maybe not all of what you're seeing as noise, is actually noise. It's been awhile since I was in this building so I don't remember. Brad, maybe you can comment?

Cheers,

bradhusick

I think this shot was underexposed (auto exposure saw the bright areas) and you're seeing actual noise at ISO 400. This camera is really nice, but it's not a D700 after all.

If I had time to "work the subject" I would have bracketed the exposure and tried to shoot at lower ISO.

The lens was the 14-140 so the max aperture I had to work with was f/5.3. There's always a trade-off with zooms and aperture and size and weight.

I am sure it would have looked better with my 5Dm2 and a 50mm f/1.4 L lens, or my M8.2 with a 50 summilux asph, but the GF1 was the tool at hand. I managed to snap off 280 photos of my son's field trip that day and upload them for the teacher and that would have been difficult with the M8 and arm-tiring with the Canon. The GF1 was the right horse for this course.

-Brad

P.S. Thanks, Jack!

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Matt, you've got yourself one cool sprout cam! :thumbs: :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Cheers, your first shot is terrific!

Brian
Brian, thanks. But, what am I going to photograph when they're out of season? They probably don't import them from Chile to sell at a "Farmer's Market".

Scho: It's indoors at the Pike Place Market. Sort of an arcade next to the street. Mostly artificial light (of all kinds) with some natural light depending where you are. They're savvy people. Next time, I'm there, I'll check out their lights. They probably controlled the kelvin temperature to make their produce appealing.

Cheers.