The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF1 Images/Pics/Photos Thread

Diane B

Well, I like all of these--the onions may be my favorite. Like me, you shoot quite a lot in/near home---and I always enjoy them because they never repeat (I have seen a lot of scarecrows over the years LOL)

By chance did you process these with LR beta 3.0??? I'm bummed--can't open the print module which is of big interest to me. I've reported it--no answers yet.

RonSmith

Beautiful, Jonno! You have that GF1 working well for you.

Here are some I took last night. The first with a 50 Summilux at about 2.8, the remainder with the 20/1.7.

jonoslack

Hi Jono,
The grapes and lemon along with the pitcher are my favorites but the onions are very close behind....

....are you enjoying it so far (as she carefully walks on eggshells)
:p:p:p

Oh dear . . am I getting a reputation :eek: It's the only time in my life when I would like to have been a fly on the wall! I hope (and trust) that there were lots of laughs.

. . .. the answer to your question is YES - I think it's great - slight slip up this morning as I went out in the misty dew and after taking 50 shots, realised that it was still set on 800 ISO :(. I've written Panasonic a severe letter of complaint, and also my dealer . . . and several other people who recommended the camera (I'm considering legal action).
:ROTFL:

I hope you're all having a great time.

jonoslack

Well, I like all of these--the onions may be my favorite. Like me, you shoot quite a lot in/near home---and I always enjoy them because they never repeat (I have seen a lot of scarecrows over the years LOL)
Hi Diane
I'm always worried that they might be boring (because they're often in the same light / of the same subject etc.) but I think there's something lovely about being able to see things over and over again, but always different.

As for the scarecrows. The local farmer and his wife made them, once or twice he'd laughed at me grovelling in his field taking pictures. Then we presented them with a 'book' of photos of their scarecrows . . he was astonished, and very grateful, but next year there were no scarecrows. Last year there were two - so I'm hoping that this year they will have relaxed and done some more . . the time is soon!

By chance did you process these with LR beta 3.0??? I'm bummed--can't open the print module which is of big interest to me. I've reported it--no answers yet.
Yes. I think it's rather fab . . . . you might have gathered that I'm a long term Aperture fan, but with every camera that LR supports and Aperture doesn't, I'm being pushed into making the BIG CHANGE. If I was nicely retired, with only the horse to ride, and the nest egg to spend on new cameras, I'd gladly change over, but time is rather limited, and it's a big investment in time.

As for the print module, my ailing epson 4000 had insisted that I reverted to 32 bit mode to print . . . The new beta seems to be quite happy, and it's gaily printing over our wireless network. . . . . . . .
half an hour later . . . the prints were horrible (my fault I guess)

Last edited:

scho

More autumn views with the GF1+20. It is a wonderful little camera to take on a walk.

Golden leaves

Red Ivy

Milkweed

Quiet Stream

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I really love this camera. It is so nice to finally have a camera with me all the time that takes photos that satisfy. All three taken with 20mm @ f/5.6.

Navajo Bridge at Vermillion Cliffs-Arizona
(The old bridge over the Colorado has been left standing for a foot bridge. I was out in the middle about 500 feet above the water.)

Bryce Canyon- Utah

ricseet

Hi Matt, nice pics on HAIR. What lovely long hair she has in pic#1. Pic # 2 is sharp and the colors is bursting. Great stuff.

cheers

ric

Tullio

I sure would like to join the GF1 picture party but I have to wait until monday...:cry:
Don
Oh, don't cry...you're better than me...I have to wait until next year when I get my tax refund (if I get one)...cry cry cry!

BTW, excellent images, every one. I like the food shots in particular!

Terry

Oh, don't cry...you're better than me...I have to wait until next year when I get my tax refund (if I get one)...cry cry cry!
Tullio,
If you are waiting for a refund from California I'm not sure if IOUs can be used to buy cameras. :ROTFL:

Tullio

Tullio,
If you are waiting for a refund from California I'm not sure if IOUs can be used to buy cameras. :ROTFL:
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

You crack me up, Terry! You just smashed my sweet dream! No, wait...how about the Feds??? Yes, there's still hope!:thumbs: