The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Chinese-made Contax G1 replica lens hoods work with the 20mm/f1.7 lens...

Audii-Dudii

The logical choice is probably the 8mm deep GG-2 for the G1's 45mm lens, but to my surprise, even the 18mm deep GG-3 hood for the 90mm lens (shown below) works with only very mild vignetting (which is actually a nice effect on some photos.) I originally bought this set of hoods on eBay for my Sigma DP-1 and IIRC, they were dirt cheap and easily repainted satin black to be less obvious...

Audii-Dudii

You have a link to e-bay for them. I want a small hood for the 20mm
Unfortunately, I can't access eBay from my work computer ($&$^@!) but I'll poke around tonight and find it for you.

FYI, here's a photo of the 4mm deep GG-1 hood on my GF1 and it appears to be a good match for it.

I'll either paint it black this weekend or simply use the GG-2 hood that's leftover from my DP-1 days.

L

loa

I found them easily by typing gg-2 into ebay. there may be more than one seller, the first result I saw was all black.

Audii-Dudii

Any examples (with vignetting) pictures to show Audii-Dudii?
Nothing worth showing, unfortunately, as I'm still stuck behind my desk. I'll take a few of a white wall later today so you can better gauge the extent of it and post them up here...

monza

This is the jinfinance black Contax GG-1 equivalent (sorry for the cell phone pic, don't have another digital handy.)