The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GH1 in Chicago

mreddington

I hope it isn't inappropriate for me to post this here. I'll be in Chicago next week and might well be on the lookout to take advantage of the Euro/USD exchange rate. Does anyone know a reputable dealer who might carry Panasonic m43 gear? Central Cameras comes up on the web but they don't seem to have Panasonic.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Martin

Terry

I don't know the Chicago market but the bigger issue is going to be PAL vs NTSC for video. I'm really not a video peson but if you are, make sure you understand the differences and in what situations you will have problems.

Last edited:

photoSmart42

There's no stores that I know of in the US that carry the GH1. I've only seen the G1 before that at one chain (Fry's), and no other store (photo or electronics) carried it that I found (having looked all over San Diego at least), or had plans to carry it. I also imagine the in-store prices for the GH1, if you find it, would nullify any conversion savings you might otherwise realize.

And I agree that you probably don't want the NTSC version since the EU version of the GH1 is setup for PAL.

mreddington

TEBnewyork: Good point. I didn't think of that, not being primarily a video person. I looked around the web and it seems the GH1 is sold in either PAL or NTSC versions (as far as recording is concerned) but has both PAL and NTSC outputs.

Still, I would like to find a store that has other m43 goodies. The 14-140 lens is an attractive proposition with a G1 as is the rare GF1 with the 20mm.

photoSmart42: seems it is as hard to get as the GF1 (or more so).

Thanks for your responses
Martin

Diane B

Some stores must have it---Robert/Monza at Precision Camera in Texas has/had it and they are brick and mortar. I'm sure I've read of others, but finding one in the Chicago area will be the harder thing to track down.

monza

We have the GH1 in stock, and have other Pana goodies en route, but many are spoken for...best to get in the queue.