The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First shots from GF1 - Very pleased

K

Kevin_b1

Below are some sample photos taken on todays walk with the GF1 either with the 14-45 or 45-200mm lens.

I have to say that this camera is the perfect walk around camera, I originally bought the E-P1 but in my opinion the GF1 leaves it in its wake. Far superior in every aspect the E-P1 will be up for sale very shortly and use the money towards the 7-14mm to get the full zoom set.

Any comments more then welcome.

Regards

Kevin

Last edited:

pellicle

Hi

I have to say that this camera is the perfect walk around camera, I originally bought the E-P1 but in my opinion the GF1 leaves it in its wake. Far superior in every aspect the E-P1
as someone interested in one, could you please jot down a few points on why?

K

Kevin_b1

Hi

as someone interested in one, could you please jot down a few points on why?
Speed of AF almost DSLR speed
Handerling, everything falls into place
Menu's makes sense
Useful items are available on a button not buired in menus
Lens (14-45) sharp, smooth, pleasure to use
Screen sharp with accurate colours
Fast to use
Review available as soon as shot is taken

Do not have the EVF or the 20mm to speak about.

Regards

Kevin

V

Vivek

Isn't that someone who get's the creases out of freshly washed shirts?

Doesn't sound much like Vivek:rolleyes:

Yup, it takes one to understand another! :ROTFL:

Brian, One GB Shaw (I understand that he was from your island) was called a satirist and not ironist- for example.

Kevin, Glad this would work for you better than the E-P1 (I meant by my sales comment with the best of intentions).

N

nei1

Vivek ,I think youre wrong about the island,but only by a little,Im shore that shaw wont mind.

Robert Campbell

Brian, One GB Shaw (I understand that he was from your island) was called a satirist and not ironist- for example.

Hmmm...GBS was born at 33 Synge Street, Dublin -- it says so on the label:

Vivek ,I think youre wrong about the island,but only by a little,Im shore that shaw wont mind.
BIG difference in the islands :D
[Apologies for the cr@p phone photos]

V

Vivek

Oh, my!:eek:

Old age is catching up?! :eek:
(totally different area!:eek:)

Thanks for the photos, Robert. :)

Brian Mosley

I love this forum! :D

Never a worry about staying on-topic :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Cheers, and congratulations Kevin... enjoy your new GF1 :)

Brian

Rawfa

IQ quality wise the images could just as well have been taken with the E-P1.
How about high ISO? How do both cameras compare?

Brian Mosley

Rafa, I disagree... IQ would have been different from the E-P1... Different AA filter/image processing pipeline.

I note that Thom Hogan has just bought himself a second E-P1 - there's an interesting pano on his front page stitched from E-P1 + Lumix 7-14 shots.

Cheers

Brian