The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Poor man's Nocti (GF1)

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
The 60/1.5 also has a 49mm filter thread. It has higher contrast, wide open, compared to the 42/1.2.

The question:

My answer is a resounding, yes! This applies to all of pen F lenses.

We have not seen the real utility of these, yet, IMO.

By next year, I would expect APS-C sensored mirrorless cams from other manufacturers where the pen F lenses will be extremely useful. Imagine being able to shoot (and capture clean images) at ISO3200 or higher ISO with a 42/1.2 or a 60/1.5!
Great response, Vivek, thank you! One last question about the 60/1.5 -- is the bokeh similar to that of the 42/1.2?

Interesting observation about the APS-C mirrorless cams. I'd mistakenly assumed that the Pen F lenses wouldn't cover the wider APS-C sensor but I wasn't taking the different aspect ratios into account.

I hear rumors of new very fast 25mm in m4/3 mount...
There was a rumor about a 30mm Summilux for m4/3rds but you're obviously talking about another lens entirely.

fast is faster than 1.2.
OK, I'll bite. A Cosina Voigtlander 25/1.1?

V

Vivek

Jonathon, Bokeh (being a very subjective and subtle matter) is different.

Since the 60/1.5 has a higher contrast, it is bound to be different. :)

However, they are a lot alike compared to other system lenses of similar FL and aperture.