The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Orchids with Angenieux 90mm/2.5 and Leitz 60mm/2.8

Encyclia brevifolia orchid from Cuba - 90mm/2.5 Angenieux Alfitar on G1
ISO=100 1/160s @ f/2.5 - RAW Theoree + gimp

Encyclia brevifolia orchid from Cuba - 90mm/2.5 Angenieux Alfitar on G1
ISO=100 1/160s @ f/2.5 - RAW Theoree + gimp

Cuban Encyclia brevifolia orchid - Leica Macro Elmarit 60mm/2.8 on G1
ISO=100 1/3s @ f/11 - RAW Theoree + gimp

apicius9

Beautiful pictures. I'm pretty much done buying lenses for the G1 now except for the 20/1.7 and a good macro lens, and this confirms again why the Leica 60mm is on top of my wish list.

Stefan

Stefan,

Beautiful pictures. I'm pretty much done buying lenses for the G1 now except for the 20/1.7 and a good macro lens, and this confirms again why the Leica 60mm is on top of my wish list.
Thank you for your comments. This lens is really top. Another top lens in the same category and less pricey is the 55mm Micro Nikkor. I use both.

Cheers
Peter

Here are some pictures of the Angenieux 90/2.5 lens. It is part of my Alpa-Reflex collection and I have had it for years. Only lately did I find an Alpa -> m43 adapter on ebay that I ordered from Hong Kong. It is solidly built and infinity focus is correct. A slight inconvenient is that the top of the lens (distance scale, focusing wheel) is not completely centered, but this only a minor inconvienence that does not detract from its usefulness.

The lens has stood the long storage very well, focus, diaphragm, preset lever are still silky-smooth like new. Including the adapter, it weighs 550g and is 92mm long and can thus be used very well hand held.

The button on the top serves only on the Alpa to close the lens to the preset value and release the shutter. I very much like the aperture setting wheel, I find it much more user-friendly than the usual aperture rings. It has big engraved numbers that are easy to read and once you know the lens, you can set the aperture by click stops without even looking at it.

On the bottom of the lens you see the DOF preview button. It makes it easy to focus at full aperture and then close the diaphragm to the preset value in a snap.

Front view

Adapter