The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic GF1 Oregon Workshop Image thread

lmr

WOW!!! Those latest shots are fantastic.... "Gobsmakingly" Fantastic

You "Guy"s are killing me. I am resisting temptation.

I have a G1 & Leica gears. Now I want this GF1 really bad. :)

I am a Goner... I am a goner have to get one 'em GF1 w/ 20 sooner rather than later.

Robert.

Terry

OK, Not a lot of good light to play with fingers crossed that today is a bit better. Three from the GF1 with the 7-14 lens. Just realized need to edit posted wrong version on at least one. Only iPhone access right now.

Last edited:

JMaher

Terry,

Very nice images - particularly the last one. When I see some of your shots I keep thing I need the 7-14.

Jim

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
A few dinner shots from the Panny GF1 with 20mm lens at f1.7 and ISO 1600 and a few of these pushed +1 to 3200:

Here is another ISO 1600 shot using the 14-45 lens wide open at 1/30th with IS (and yes, that is Brad with his portable espresso machine!):

And here is a DR test shot at ISO 200 -- not bad for a regular DSLR let alone this little camera:

Terry

A few from this morning again with Panasonoic GH1 the GF1's are coming up in a little while (double posted on the Oregon Image thread)

jonoslack

A few from this morning again with Panasonoic GH1 the GF1's are coming up in a little while (double posted on the Oregon Image thread)

Oh!
I want to be there . . . it looks like a cross between Cornwall and the Cape Tenaro at the end of the Mani peninsula

i can't tell you how jealous I am:cry::cry::cry:

. . . and it's a lovely photo :clap:

Diane B

Terry, I like all 3. The first is just lovely--but I like the sunken pier (?) also. Wish I was there :thumbup:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Terry,

these are stunning images and you and Guy are responsible now that I will get a GF1 too - need this great toy ;)

Terry

Hi Terry,
Do you have any post processing secrets to share? You're getting fabulous color in all your shots.
Hi Mike,
Sorry for the delay, our internet access has been pretty wonky.

All of my processing was done in Lightroom. I've used a fair amount of the gradient took and the adjustment brushes and then I target certain colors for saturation and luminosity. So, a number of the adjustment are local adjustments. On a "global basis" I also use the clarity slider more than the sharpening in the program. Between curves and clarity you can get pretty far.

By the way, thanks !!!!

Terry