The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images thread)

kevinparis

helen ... cool shots... still doing the warm and wet stuff?.... guessing m2/3/6/7 and hp5 or Pan-x... maybe tri-x dipped in exotic cocktails of rodinol.....washed, dried and bound up in an enlarger and gently exposed to soft caresses of light and shade, then viewed with rising excitement under a soft red light.

12 megapixels 16 bit TIFF and RAW processing will never ever sound as sexy :)

K

Last edited:

cjlacz

Fun thread. I've really enjoyed the images on here so far.

Shimokitazawa - Olympus 35SP, Tri-x@400

Daikanyama - Contax 137 MA Quartz Tri-x@1600

Between Ebisu and Shibuya walking along the Yamanote Line - E-510 ZD12-60

V

Vivek

Nice variety all! Helen, Momentum (India- another country I would love to make time specifically for street photography), Carl, Audii (2nd shot), et al.

Most of the time, I only encounter bicyclists here.

Keep them coming.

(Kevin, I even have a 4x5 RF cam with a 75/4.5 Biogon! :eek:)

helenhill

Cheers & Thanx Simon,Kevin,Diane & Vivek....

I too LOVE this 'Street Thread'

Such a Grand Way w/ Words Kevin, LOVELY...
Yes FIlm still has me ADDICTED
I can see how Cam Fell in Love with the Poet side of YOU :cool:

JBurnett

the photos so far displayed open an interesting debate to what each of us think is 'street photography'

To me it has to have that element of the stolen moment... but that moment r has to tell a story or more interestingly suggest a story or even just offer an interesting composition.

I also think that people faces are important... sometimes backs of people can work.. but the face maks a picture
It would seem from the photos so far that the interpretation of street photography is oriented heavily toward the inclusion of people. A few, including a couple of Helen's excellent examples, offer a different view of the street (i.e. people are absent or incidental). I thoroughly enjoy viewing photos of both types, although the former (people oriented) is one I rarely take.

Faces and expressions make a very human, often intimate, connection with the viewer. But I think there are many examples of excellent street photos (including a couple of my favourite HCB's and Erwitt's) in which face details are hidden or unclear.

F

formula4speed

People? We don't need no stinking people.

Shot with Canon, still waiting for the 20mm 1.7 to become available before I start using the G1 for this stuff.

kevinparis

the second one is great vivek...

it sums up all the emotions we find on forums... frustration, confusion and delight :)

K