The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images thread)

J

JohnW

From an EP-1, which I had for a few days and returned. I'm now considering a GF1.

John

V

Vivek

Everyone, great stuff! Hard to keep up.

Vivek, do you have a day job, or do you just roam the streets and canals? Good capture with the bicycle shot.

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Bicycles are everywhere. If I step out of the house, there are people and bicycles. That simple.

Very rarely I roam the streets for making photos. Very rarely I step out of the house without a G1 with a Computar-TV 25/1.3 on it.:)

Unlike Seattle (for example), where it costs an arm and leg to park your car for an hour (and despite that most drive their SUVs), here (the Hague) it is down right impossible to drive even the tiniest of the cars in certain areas of the city. You can see people in 3 piece suits commuting by tram, buses or even bicycles.

the second one is great vivek...

it sums up all the emotions we find on forums... frustration, confusion and delight :)

K
Thanks, K. Apt. ;):)

Glad to see many folks.

Peter, You asked for a W/NW style thread on street, a while ago. Now, you have it. :)

V

Vivek

Matt, Even special (illegal) parking signs do not work any more. :D

Brian Mosley

OK Vivek, you've got me interested... I'll get out and see if I can emulate my hero's here :)

Here are a couple I have to hand... more later!

By the way, the York Festival of Angels is a fantastic opportunity for street shooting in December.

Kind Regards

Brian

V

Vivek

Brian, The first is a nice moment. While dealing with people and skin tones, sharp objects (like the lower right granite piller) create problems, depending on the light (well cars, shiny metal objects, bicycles, etc also pose a problem). Easiest thing to do would be to crop it off. Or you need to expose and process for the people.

This one was fairly flat lighting.

and this a bit more contrasty light but the shallower dof helped with the framing/emphasis.

Delightful spirit here.:thumbs: York fest photos would be swell. :)

Brian Mosley

Yes, I noticed that granite pillar immediately... I think I'm learning! these were from about 18 months ago - I hope I can do better now :D

Cheers

Brian

JBurnett

Some outstanding pics! Vivek's "Kodak Moment" made me smile!

Promenade in Quebec City:

Street scene 'sans' people (much more typical of my photography):

One from the archives (not an m4/3 shot, but, like Vivek's shot, this one always makes me smile):

V

Vivek

The last one, John, some very fine rendering. Silky. I like the capture as well.