The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images thread)

V

Vivek

There are enough folks here doing street shooting so, I thought I will start a separate images thread.

Please do not restrict yourself to color or B&W or format or camera or brand. :)

Here are a couple to kick off.

(though a big city (The Hague), this interesting man got IDed! http://www.flickr.com/photos/vivek-iyer/4023401648/)

V

Vivek

.... some streets are more interesting than others :)
..still some only will shoot the rears as in that fine shot of yours. :)

What was that guy with a camera trying to do in the background? :wtf:

BTW, I should really make some time to visit Paris only for street shooting.

Excellent initiative Vivek. Here my contribution

Nice Palais de Justice (District Court)

Antibes Market

Nice Fish Market

All photos with Leica R8+DMR - Vario Elmar 35-70mm/4.0

Cheers
Peter

kevinparis

the photos so far displayed open an interesting debate to what each of us think is 'street photography'

To me it has to have that element of the stolen moment... but that moment r has to tell a story or more interestingly suggest a story or even just offer an interesting composition.

I also think that people faces are important... sometimes backs of people can work.. but the face maks a picture

heres a few more to ponder

Last edited:

kevinparis

vivek... love the guy in the raincoat

mark... love the dummys behind the gate... maybe a crop would make it better

comments and crits on my shots always welcome... won't promise to agree but i will listen :)

K

V

Vivek

"Stolen moments" do come, albeit rarely. Anyone going out to make street snaps would come back and trash an entire 6-8hrs of snaps (have done it many many times). While not every snap becomes instantly satisfying, without a camera and the constant snapping, it is easier to miss what you see as well.

Here are couple of old (~1 year) snaps:

and some not so old..

I am happy to see a variety and the enthusiasm.

(btw, what happened to YBH III's post?)

V

Vivek

Not sure about that, K. Even when very reasonable gear is at my disposal, I screw up something basic as the focus.:eek:

funny how perceptions work... i read your first photo as two separate pictures side by side :)

K
Yes, it could be. BTW, wrong gear for street- a 28mm T/S lens on D300..

kevinparis

could be the start of a new thread... what is the worst street camera?.... weegee did pretty good with a Speed Graphic... but i reckon the Linhof street shooter is a pretty elite group :)

K

helenhill

A Stranger On a Bus....
Bicycles on the Street...
A Posh Car parked....
Waiting at the Subway

click on to make BIGGER