The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images thread)

Audii-Dudii

Audll-Dudll: Nice image. Hanging out and photographing the jail door? Do that often?[/URL]
Actually, Yes ... sort of. My current project is photographing the historic warehouse district in downtown Phoenix at night and the 4th Avenue jail is located along one of its boundaries. In this case, I was setting up for a shot of the doors when they opened and this guy walked out ... as best I can tell, he never even saw me, as I was across the street and never saw his gaze fix in my direction. This is one of those "happy accidents" that occasionally happen...

m_driscoll

Actually, Yes ... sort of. My current project is photographing the historic warehouse district in downtown Phoenix at night and the 4th Avenue jail is located along one of its boundaries. In this case, I was setting up for a shot of the doors when they opened and this guy walked out ... as best I can tell, he never even saw me, as I was across the street and never saw his gaze fix in my direction. This is one of those "happy accidents" that occasionally happen...
Always nice when you get the benefits of a "happy accident" and live to tell about it. It'd be interesting to see some of your other night shots. Thanks for posting. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Audii-Dudii

It'd be interesting to see some of your other night shots.
I've posted many of them at my Flikr page in the Downtown Project set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/16926484@N05/ although be warned that it's still a work in progress, so there's been no editing done and many of the images are still rough.

Also check out my Superior after dark set for my nighttime exploration of a central-eastern Arizona mining town that's in a state of decline. (Note that all of these photographs have been captured with a G1, which I think acquits itself fairly well in dark.)

Thanks for your kind words and interest (and also congrats on that image you posted a bit above mine ... wow!)

V

Vivek

All three snapped under 30mins (in this order). It was a great day, today!

m_driscoll

I've posted many of them at my Flikr page in the Downtown Project set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/16926484@N05/ although be warned that it's still a work in progress, so there's been no editing done and many of the images are still rough.

Also check out my Superior after dark set for my nighttime exploration of a central-eastern Arizona mining town that's in a state of decline. (Note that all of these photographs have been captured with a G1, which I think acquits itself fairly well in dark.)

Thanks for your kind words and interest (and also congrats on that image you posted a bit above mine ... wow!)
Brilliant two series of photographs. The quality of ambient and point source light is very edgy. Your shooting sans people gives them a "Ghost town" quality that populates them in the mind. The Superior series is sort of sad for that reason. Thanks for sharing. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Audii-Dudii

Brilliant two series of photographs. The quality of ambient and point source light is very edgy. Your shooting sans people gives them a "Ghost town" quality that populates them in the mind. The Superior series is sort of sad for that reason.
Thanks for the kind words! In case you're curious, the Superior after dark project was originally conceived as my SoFoBoMo 2009 project but then took on a life of its own as I continued to photograph there over the summer. The decision to photograph Superior at night was the key, both artistically and logistically, because my busy work schedule this past year has made it almost impossible for me to find any free time during daylight hours. I started the Downtown Project as a closer alternative to photographing in Superior, because the historic warehouse district of Phoenix is only a 20-minute drive from my house hence much more work-friendly than the 140-mile roundtrip drive to Superior. (I ultimately made 26 trips to Superior from May through September and on many occasions, didn't get home until 2-3 am in the morning, which meant I didn't get very much sleep before heading off to work at 6am!)

Anyway, thanks again for your kind words. While I photograph primarily for myself, it's always nice to know my work is also appreciated by others. :)

N

nachou

hi there u all
im new user from this forum, i have been reading about micro 4/3 a lot from here, specialy from Vivek

i mainly do street, even though i do not have any m4/3 camera yet, i will follow the first post with the no brands thing and share som pics, all manual focused

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

[5]

Regards,
Nacho Pello

V

Vivek

Nachou, Welcome! Fabulous use of fast M42 glass!:)
(Glad that you showed some pics. It is the outcome that counts and not the gear or brand names or models. They all change and even die out- when unused)

N

nachou

thank you Vivek, you are very kind, and thanks for all the information you always give
keep in touch

regards

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Simon, Nice.

I am not crazy about the posterization in the first. The second snap is well arranged and exposed.

(The 20/1.7 appears nice. Pana should have given out samples of these to a few here instead of wasting it dp revs and such.)

C

ChrisJ

Simon, these look like HDR shots, are they from one frame or bracketed? Whatever technique you use I like them and would like to know your post processing.

Chris

Rick Waldroup

Here are some recent ones....

Schoolchildren at the Fair

Best Friend

No Preservatives

West End Liquor Store

6th Street - Austin, Texas

Last edited: