The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images thread)

Rick Waldroup

Thanks for the kind words, Matt.

Vivek, it looks like you and I spend a lot of time on subways and trains,,,

Rafael, I love that shot. What a head of hair! And the flare really adds a lot to the photo. Nice work.

Audii-Dudii

Here's a flawed (but nevertheless intriguing) grab shot from Times Square captured with my GF1/20mm while walking back to the hotel after dinner.

V

Vivek

Audii-Dudii, Nice catch!

Friedel, Delightful. Dig the first, especially. :thumbs:

kevinparis

a couple from me... leica summilux 75 on a e-p1

know the girl in pink isn't quite in focus... but i like... and sometimes street doen't need to be in black and white

cheers
K

V

Vivek

Navitron 75/1.3 on G1.

(Kevin, post #8-first image and #39 second image also from Navitron @f/1.3)

kevinparis

we will agree to differ on what makes a shot have that certain something... sorry summilux wins for me... I still love the group shot in post 39

K

V

Vivek

Vivek -- Mandler was god. accept it! (still, nice lens :p)

Regardless of the image rendition debates (of Mandler) design, would you be shocked to know a proposal that he chose flat surfaced elements because it was cheaper? :shocked:

Summicron-R 50/2 has many flat (or nearly flat) surfaces compared to a 50/1.4 Takumar. On axis the Summicron tops 160 lp/mm but also has a lot of mush giving the distinctive look. :p

Mandler- God of Leica glass. May be.:D

Kevin, Do you want to try a Navitron (I will have to shave off a bit of the rear barrel of the second- new in the box sample- to fit a m4/3rds camera)?:)

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
2 from the first 30 minutes with the new G1. Maybe I should read the manual....
NAH.......
This should work with my "Drive By Shootings" Series..... Nice camera...

kevinparis

vivek

have both the 50 R summicron and the takumar... will try them out back to back.

Not sure whether discussing shaving a bit off the rear is the kind of conversation 2 adult males should be having here or indeed anywhere public :)

Thanks for the navitron offer... maybe in the new year... got too many other lenses to try ...

cheers

K

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Geeze Kevin....
I thought that in France things were more Liberal....
Not that there's anything wrong with that....:ROTFL:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
2 from the first 30 minutes with the new G1. Maybe I should read the manual....
NAH.......
This should work with my "Drive By Shootings" Series..... Nice camera...
Late adopter :deadhorse:

No need to read the manual - but check the sensor often, if you change lenses a lot. I needed 50$ of little swabs to get mine in shape.

Keith