The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images thread)

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Late adopter :deadhorse:

No need to read the manual - but check the sensor often, if you change lenses a lot. I needed 50$ of little swabs to get mine in shape.

Keith
Keith,
after a week with the G1....I think I made a mistake. I have an aversion to SLR type cameras and this is making me sick all over again....
Gotta get rid of it.....FAST!

m3photo

Gotcha

Canon S90
Do tell Keith. Had my eye on this one for a while - I've had a G9 for a time and still like it, however all the rave reviews have got me wondering about this little fella; I'd much rather someone who can use a camera :thumbup: gives me his opinion on whether it's worth a try.
Also, if I may; I've had a look at the pdf manual and can't see if it's got an inbuilt Neutral Density Filter like my G9 and the G6 I had before this one or whether it's a "G" thing and Canon hasn't bothered with it on the S90. Thanks.

Brian Mosley

Inspired by Simon's 3d processing, I've started to play... nowhere near yet :ROTFL:

E-P1 + 17mm f2.8
1/640s f/5.0 at 17.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

kevinparis

Not sure i this really street... but i was on the street when i took it. Noctilux on E-P1... but not claiming any real signature noctilux look... but it was really dark :)

the title is kinda important

Jurassic Bicycle

cheers

K

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: Gotcha

Do tell Keith. Had my eye on this one for a while - I've had a G9 for a time and still like it, however all the rave reviews have got me wondering about this little fella; I'd much rather someone who can use a camera :thumbup: gives me his opinion on whether it's worth a try.
Also, if I may; I've had a look at the pdf manual and can't see if it's got an inbuilt Neutral Density Filter like my G9 and the G6 I had before this one or whether it's a "G" thing and Canon hasn't bothered with it on the S90. Thanks.
As usual, you are too far ahead of me in the technology!

I don't use neutral density filters so I don't go look for them. I had a G9, now have a G10, but I don't use it. I'm selling it. I have all the Ricoh cameras (GX,GRD,) and I love them. But the S90 is 20% smaller than the GRD2, and it has a stepped zoom. The control ring around the lens is great. Image quality is better than the Ricohs.

I would guess that the neutral density filter is not there. There is only one custom setting, which pee'd me off.

Keith

V

Vivek

Inspired by Simon's 3d processing, I've started to play... nowhere near yet :ROTFL:

E-P1 + 17mm f2.8

Cheers

Brian
Brian, I like the framing.

While playing with the contrast, I pay attention to the sharpening to avoid the jaggies. Also, I like to level the horizon if it wasn't shot to be level to begin with.

Brian Mosley

Brian, I like the framing.

While playing with the contrast, I pay attention to the sharpening to avoid the jaggies. Also, I like to level the horizon if it wasn't shot to be level to begin with.
Hi Vivek,

you're absolutely right - how's this?

E-P1 + 17mm f2.8

Cheers

Brian

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi Vivek,

you're absolutely right - how's this?

E-P1 + 17mm f2.8

Cheers

Brian
Nope - I see the first one as better, Brian. Winogrand (who is my favorite shooter of people as they go about there business) very rarely had a straight horizon.
I like Sean Reid's essay on "Street Photography." Clears up a few things in my head as to what it really is.

Keith

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Nope - I see the first one as better, Brian. Winogrand (who is my favorite shooter of people as they go about there business) very rarely had a straight horizon.
I like Sean Reid's essay on "Street Photography." Clears up a few things in my head as to what it really is.

Keith
Keith,

GW may not have always kept the horizon level but a very close read of his images will reveal that something in there is square to the frame...maybe just one side but it's there....a window, door, curb, suitcase...something...he played with reference points....that is a cool thing to study....

remember, he worked mostly in NY and back then I think there was 2 places that you could actually see the horizon....
now I believe it's 2.....

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Anytime Bro',
By the way, not to go off topic...
I can't let the G1 go.....
It was your images with it that made me bite the bullet....