The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images thread)

ricseet

Hi Vivek, sorry for the delayed reply. Yes the street vendors, a lot of them have move into Food Court in shopping mails. I was in Cambodia last week and did some street shooting at their market. The street vendors were having a good laugh when I show them their pics. It was fun. I do not think I will get this type of response in Singapore.
I will try and let you know.

cheers

ric

JBurnett

I like this one very much, Vivek.

22 years ago my wife and I and another couple went cycling in the Netherlands for three weeks. Because the other couple brought their 18-speed tandem (the man is blind and his wife "captains"), we also brought our North American "touring" bikes (multi-speed, racks and panniers). And we were decked out in North Amercian cycling gear, including helmets. The Dutch, who, aside from professional racers, are very practical and casual about cycling, thought we were very odd indeed. The children often pointed, smiled and laughed.

At a lunch stop one day, we met a Dutch couple who were also cycling for their holiday. They were riding the traditional one-speed Dutch "schooner" bicycles. I asked where they were headed, but they replied that they weren't sure, and it didn't really matter. "Each day, we put the wind at our backs and we cycle in that direction," said the man. "We go where the wind blows us." :)

m_driscoll

"Azores Festival"

G1 with Oly 9-18

Keith

Beautiful photograph. The perspective lines created by the trees framing and leading to the church and the two guys on the right are perfect. I like that the one guy is looking at you. I read Sean Reid's essays on "Street Photography" last night. This photograph has all of the elements of form, compostition and interaction that make a good "street" photo. Great tone and light, also. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
. . . I like that the one guy is looking at you. . . .
Thanks Matt:

Shortly after I took it, he wapped me over the head with his trumpet . . just joking. Next to him is the guy I call Rocketman - notice the rockets. The band was leading the procession around the village and Rocketman was letting one go every few hundred yards (what a wonderful job!). They finished at the church.

Keith

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Nice capture. After reading JBurnett's post I realized that the bikers had no helmets, reflectors, etc. Very illegal here. But then they don't have to share the road with giant SUV's. Thanks for sharing. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Yeah, the kids hat being so cockey and it looks like the moms hand is supporting him from the back....
Much going on there.....
They just passes a law here in Philly.
No cell phone use while driving, biking or skateboarding.

V

Vivek

It is a girl, Don. Old fashioned bicycles are the norm here (and expensive) as well as women's and men's (cross bars) being distinct.

Though there are dedicated bicycle paths, accidents do happen, unfortunately.

Thanks John, Matt and Don for your comments.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Vivek,
On my iPhone it's hard to tell girl/boy.
The new image is nice also.
It with your G1 again? Reason I ask is,
well you know.
Don

V

Vivek

Don, All G1. Nothing else in the m4/3rds would suit me. PMd you.

[It is the swivel TFT and the EVF (for the occasional use) that make me use this cam.

I look forward to that G2 as a possible upgrade- what I would like to see is that one touch manual focus assist (not critical), better S/N (and DR) and better ergonomics.]

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Vivek,
Thank ya kind sir.
The camera is the best in the format.
Problem I have is my brain thinks SLR when I use the G1.
I'm gonna work that out starting this weekend.
You and others do very well with it.
I will try to keep up.
Thanks again my friend,
Don

kweide

It is a single layer shot. Out of cam ! Made in Berlin, Friedrichstrasse. It is the former "Checkpoint Charly" which is now used to sell "ex-DDR-a-like-tourist-goodies". In the background, where there the lorry is parking, you see a crossway. That crossway was the line where the "Wall" ran thru the town. Yes, this place is a historical place and always full of tourists....
BTW: "Berlin, du kannst so haesslich sein ....", well known song by Peter Fox. Title: "Schwarz zu blau"