The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images thread)

V

Vivek

So, you made it, K! Should get together after the end of this summer.

This one from Amsterdam.

seakayaker

Man Contemplating . . . . . . is it safe to step down and walk to the yellow line?

GF1 with Voigtlander S SKOPAR 50mm f2.5 -- ISO 100 -- f2.5 -- 1/4000

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

J

JohnW

So, you made it, K! Should get together after the end of this summer.

This one from Amsterdam.

Vivek,

I admire your BW processing on the last few posts. Such a long middle gray tonal range. Care to share any tips on achieving this?

John

V

Vivek

John, Very little was done in terms of post processing and I doubt (although there are very many clever people around) anyone can achieve this DR, tonal range out of a regular G1. That shot and the one here are infrared captures (see also:http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17900) taken with a hacked G1, Pana 20/1.7 and a Hoya R72 filter. Panasonic's NMOS sensor is just brilliant (I run out of complimentary adjectives when it comes to praise)!:thumbs:

Thanks for your kind words!:)

Godfrey

... Brass Band With Observer ...

Panasonic G1 + Cosmicar 12.5mm f/1.4 TV
ISO 640 @ f/5.6 @ 1/30 second

comments always appreciated, thanks for looking!

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: ... Brass Band With Observer ...

Panasonic G1 + Cosmicar 12.5mm f/1.4 TV
ISO 640 @ f/5.6 @ 1/30 second

comments always appreciated, thanks for looking!
Great shot Godfrey, the facial expressions are lovely. The vignetting adds to the image

Keith

J

JohnW

John, Very little was done in terms of post processing and I doubt (although there are very many clever people around) anyone can achieve this DR, tonal range out of a regular G1. That shot and the one here are infrared captures (see also:http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17900) taken with a hacked G1, Pana 20/1.7 and a Hoya R72 filter. Panasonic's NMOS sensor is just brilliant (I run out of complimentary adjectives when it comes to praise)!:thumbs:

Thanks for your kind words!:)
Oh, yes, I see the IR effect now that you mention the filter. I assumed you had adjusted the red and green channels for the skin and foliage, but IR makes sense.

Here's another recent shot.

J

JohnW

Quite a bit of rain in Chicago this past weekend. Enough to fill and sink this boat.

John

seakayaker

Words Exchanged at the Gas Pump on a Hot Day

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Contax G Planar T* 45mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f4 -- 1/3200

. . . . . pulled up at a red light . . . . . words being exchanged between the two men who kept a distance between each other . . . . . then light turned green . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)