The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CCTV C-mount lenses for 1" sensor?

J

juz

I have been looking at C-mount CCTV lenses for the GF1. I discovered that Pentax still makes these, but there are different ones for different sensor sizes.

Obviously the largest (1") would be ideal, but the question is:

How can you tell which lens is for which sensor size? If one of these lenses is offered on ebay or wherever, is it obvious which ones are for 1" versus 2/3" sensor sizes?

And then how does this affect machining for infinity focus?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

V

Vivek

Obviously the largest (1") would be ideal,
Not really.

How can you tell which lens is for which sensor size? If one of these lenses is offered on ebay or wherever, is it obvious which ones are for 1" versus 2/3" sensor sizes?
No to both the questions.

And then how does this affect machining for infinity focus?
You do not need machining for many lenses.

Any help is appreciated.
Use the search function here. There have been many threads with examples and many details. All apply for the G1.

BTW, Panasonic do not approve any c-mount lenses just like their "special battery" for the GF-1. So, the camera itself isn't meant to be used with c-mount lenses. They only offer two adapters. One for Leica-R and another for Leica-M lenses. Others may damage the camera!

If in doubt, check with Panasonic.

J

juz

Thanks for the help. I did search through previous postings, and none mentioned this particular issue -- the difference between the sensor sizes, as marked or not on the lens itself.