The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Chinese m4/3rds adapter lacks manual stop down

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
Neither the jinfinance or hawkpeng Pen F to m4/3rds adapters exhibit this problem. Or, to put it another way, these adapters reverse the behavior you describe so that lens is always stopped down to the correct aperture (but you have to manually adjust the aperture if you wish to focus wide open). I prefer this because the G series cameras (not sure about the E-P1 because I don't have one) adjust the EVF/LCD gain when the lens is stopped down and I know I'd hate having to manually press the lens stop-down button when taking a shot.

pellicle

hope you didn't pay much ;-)

for what its worth, I actually removed the pin on one of my adaptors (shorter engagement screw) to use the DoF button exactly as you are using it ... I get wide open focus then stop down to shoot.

I happen to like it that way