The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

photo: Street Queen

Godfrey

Friedel

Hi Godfrey, a wonderful picture!
My question to you is: which lens do you prefere, the Hexanon 40mm/1,8 or the G-Zuiko 40mm/1,4 ? (Somewhere i read that you own both)
Thank you for sharing the picture

Karl

Godfrey

Hi Godfrey, a wonderful picture!
My question to you is: which lens do you prefere, the Hexanon 40mm/1,8 or the G-Zuiko 40mm/1,4 ? (Somewhere i read that you own both)
Thank you for sharing the picture

Karl
Thank you!

These two lenses are so close in imaging character it's very hard to choose between them. The Oly is a little smaller, but the Konica is a bit lighter. The Konica is a bit more easily found and less expensive.

I bought the Konica so I could also use it on my FourThirds SLRs, so its mount has been adapted to FourThirds and I use it on the FT->mFT adapter. The Pen F lens can only be used on the mFT cameras. That said, I find I hardly ever use the Konica on the SLRs ... I prefer using the Oly ZD 35 on them.

wjlapier

Great portrait and nice colors.

I like it even more now I read the context. I agree--she probably has quite a story to tell.