The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with Swiss lenses

D

drxcm

Great shots hakkalo..

After reading one of the other threads here, I couldn't come to a conclusion about whether the RX or non-RX Kern lenses are the ones to go for for m43.

Which are you using, non-RX ?

Regards,
Stuart

hakkalo

Great shots hakkalo..

After reading one of the other threads here, I couldn't come to a conclusion about whether the RX or non-RX Kern lenses are the ones to go for for m43.

Which are you using, non-RX ?

Regards,
Stuart
Switar 25mm F1.4 is AR
Switar 16mm F1.8 is RX

Cheers.
hakkalo

apicius9

Very nice series, thanks! I'm wondering, has anybody had a chance to directly compare the Yvar 75/2.8 and the Macro Switar 75/1.9 - or the 'standard Yvar 150/4 with the Macro 150/3.3?

Stefan

hakkalo

Very nice series, thanks! I'm wondering, has anybody had a chance to directly compare the Yvar 75/2.8 and the Macro Switar 75/1.9 - or the 'standard Yvar 150/4 with the Macro 150/3.3?

Stefan
As far as I know, Macro Switar 75mm F1.9 is more expensive than Yvar 75mm F2.8. 75/1.9 can not cover 35mm film format , but 75/2.8 can.:D

On the other hand, Macro-Yvar 150/3.3 costs more than Yvar 150/4,but Yvar/4 even can cover 120mm film format.;)

apicius9

Oh man, you really have all the lenses in the world ;) I think I asked a similar question before, but could you please comment on what you think of the 150/3.3? I have a 150/4 that should come back from servicing any day now, but I still think about upgrading to the newer version for the extra stop and the macro capability, I'm just not sure that it is worth it, any comments? I'm also surprised to see some vignetting in the picture, is that across the whole range? And finally, when you get a chance, could you please show a macro shot with that lens? Thanks,

Stefan

hakkalo

Oh man, you really have all the lenses in the world ;) I think I asked a similar question before, but could you please comment on what you think of the 150/3.3? I have a 150/4 that should come back from servicing any day now, but I still think about upgrading to the newer version for the extra stop and the macro capability, I'm just not sure that it is worth it, any comments? I'm also surprised to see some vignetting in the picture, is that across the whole range? And finally, when you get a chance, could you please show a macro shot with that lens? Thanks,

Stefan
150/3.3 macro is much better than 150/4:thumbup: BTW,where you get it serviced ?

This shot is hand held.