The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

JBurnett

It took me while to figure out how to do this stuff in "lowly" Photoshop Elements 6. Probably much easier in CS4.

ICY DREAM

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
It took me while to figure out how to do this stuff in "lowly" Photoshop Elements 6. Probably much easier in CS4.

ICY DREAM
:salute::salute::salute:

OMG - what variety of blending stuff we are seeing here. John, was this shot in Las Vegas . . . ;-) ?

Re CS4 - uphill learning curve, but if you have mastered Elements, shouldn't be too bad. I've found one of the best on-line training sites to be Lynda.com, but you have to pay.

Keith

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: Merging the Blends or Blending the Merges!

That's it in a nutshell :)

But, gosh; where do I put this one? :D

Also three layers/no texture - Blended with Bokeh:
If it is one image, shove it in Bokehs

If you blend it, even on variations of itself, put it in blends.

Looking forward to seeing more of yours Michael - we can see the direction in which you are going - just waiting for end-point

Love it

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Excellent swamp feeling.
Thanks Uwe and Mike

There are times when blends work well but you can't figure out a way to get a texture on the top - like this one, it's got enough texture anyway.

When Mike found the Bokeh thread he pointed out that those drastically OOF images could benefit by some sharp texture on the top - and he is right.

"Everglades" is a blend made from sharp images to start with.

Keith

Last edited:

btrancho

I've been driving by an apple orchard near my home and noticing that one whole section had been left for the winter with some apples still on the trees. I finally got around to stopping and trekking through the snow to get some photos.

This is with the G1, 14-45mm. Two textures. I call it "Left on the Trees"

ustein

Contributing Editor
I've been driving by an apple orchard near my home and noticing that one whole section had been left for the winter with some apples still on the trees. I finally got around to stopping and trekking through the snow to get some photos.

Works great. Same image without texture would show too much boring sky.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

Really beautiful image - the silhouettes, colors and textures. Has that "Old Masters, Dutch look" about it.

Keith

btrancho

Works great. Same image without texture would show too much boring sky.
Very true - the original has snow on the ground and a washed out winter sky. The ground almost extends up into the heavens.

The positive comments are much appreciated.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
"Falklands Cross"

My second attempt at this one - the first is at the beginning of this thread, and was done before I took my PS lessons :toocool:

Many lives were lost in the bay just near here - this is one of the Memorials.

Keith

Leica 77

"Falklands Cross"

My second attempt at this one - the first is at the beginning of this thread, and was done before I took my PS lessons :toocool:

Many lives were lost in the bay just near here - this is one of the Memorials.

Keith

Hi Keith,
Your image shows a lot of sensitivity and sympathy. Best regards, Leica 77.