The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

ustein

Contributing Editor
Keith your image let me look back.

Tree in Water:

PS: Jack if you see this, remember the tree?

Last edited:

Diane B

Uwe, really like this one also--the texture makes this one with the 'torn' edge and folds subtle feeling.

Just love these big old trees that sit by themselves. I so seldom see one here without surrounding 'junk' (that I may just have to try and overcome)--most of our huge oaks and poplars are in forests surrounded by 'neighbors'. I'm anxious to get back down around the pecan groves in SC/GA perhaps in the Spring. Trees appeal to me on a lot of levels--and are wonderful subjects alone or in orchards for these blend images.

Diane

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Keith your image let me look back.

Tree in Water:

PS: Jack if you see this, remember the tree?
Hey Uwe, that is looking back! I think we were there about 4 years ago? Anyway, great trip and great location!

:thumbs:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I was through there about 3 months ago and that tree is still there --- probably surrounded by water right now too!

JBurnett

+1/:thumbs: for sure. It has that added little detail with the 2 people under the tree that I love in these shots. Also that mysterious feeling with the toning you chose.

Diane
Add me to the list of admirers for this one. The people really add to the image.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks everyone for the kind comments on the tree in Montevideo

Again, it was a horrible day (rain) and taken through a bus window. The two people are in fact Ugraquian police, who seemed to be everywhere. They had these lovely rain coats that look like skirts, frocks (?) or what ever. They were in the right place at the right time.

Trees seem to work very well with blending, and many of Mike's good pictures have trees in them. I love Uwe's series.

This one is inspired by Uwe's old tractor in a field - one of my favorites.

"Old Tug - Montevideo Harbour"
G1 with 45-200 kit zoom

Keith

DHart

Cool and inspiring thread. I just discovered this forum while looking around for GF1 related sites. (I just picked up a GF1 to replace my aging G9 travel camera.) I haven't made any blends in a while so seeing this thread re-kindled my interest in them during this, my slow season. Anyway... here's some fun I've had toying with blends and my senior portrait images. Camera was a 5D, but the blends are the topic. Some deep with layers. Some very subtle. My objective here was to use blends to create or enhance the settings/backgrounds without obscuring my clients' faces.

Last edited: