The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks Leica and Raf

This one starts with one of my own personal favorite images, and (although I don't do this often,) here is the original.

In the previous post I put a texture on it to get it up here again (it's posted somewhere else) - and the texture just extends the Galaxy across the whole image (and adds a lot of noise :cussing:)

Regards
Keith

This is a real wonderful image Keith. Prefer it above the blended version also because of the framing you used. The touch of HDR works great.
Love it.

Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
This is a real wonderful image Keith. Prefer it above the blended version also because of the framing you used. The touch of HDR works great.
Love it.

Michiel
No HDR in the orginal image, Michael. This was done in the days when I did not know what HDR was. :mad:

It was taken almost at dusk with a Canon G9 (that's why its in the compact forum) But for some reason, a few tweaks with color and saturation in Lightroom really brings it alive. I think I have the wall artist and the graffiti people to thank. And, thank goodness, someone left a blue bike there.

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Uwe, Leica and Michiel

To throw in a bit of fun - this is the base image for "Where is my Hat?" and "Where to now Alice" (I was inspired by seeing the Alice in Wonderland movie yesterday)

This carving is on an old tree trunk in a Toronto park - although I think someone has since burned it down :angry:

Keith

Lisa

This thread has inspired me to try blends, something I'd never really considered before. Following are my first attempts. I'm trying to illustrate a Venetian canal transforming into a forest (inspired by a scene in my favorite book). Do either of them work? Any comments or suggestions?

I was randomly trying a variety of blending modes. Does anyone know of any good web tutorial on blending?

Lisa

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
This thread has inspired me to try blends, something I'd never really considered before. Following are my first attempts. I'm trying to illustrate a Venetian canal transforming into a forest (inspired by a scene in my favorite book). Do either of them work? Any comments or suggestions?

I was randomly trying a variety of blending modes. Does anyone know of any good web tutorial on blending?

Lisa
Looks like they both work. Very nice images.

On basic blending I used Lynda.com (but you have to pay)

On Mike Regnier's techniques go to Chromasia.com (but you have to pay)

I also like the tutorials on textures in stuckincustoms.com (but you have to pay)

It's worth the effort, and expense

Good luck

Keith

m3photo

Re: Venice Forest

I'm trying to illustrate a Venetian canal transforming into a forest (inspired by a scene in my favorite book). Do either of them work?
They are both good blends IMO. The second one I would say is more suited to what you're after though.

Michiel Schierbeek

Was fiddling with 4 images and some filters in PS. I would not be able to recontruct exactly what I did, but I like the drawing like result.

Michiel

- Thinking poet -