The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

JBurnett

OK, time to go be with family. But I love trees and I love how they've been rendered in this thread, so I just had to take a quick stab at this. Season's Greetings, everyone.

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Uwe,
Once I blended the panoramic top and bottom together from the raw images, I then duplicated the merged layer and converted to B&W and then put the opacity down around 35 which gave the image a very nice tone.

Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
3 images blended together to make a panoramic. Then stretched to fill frame.
Texture added and softened.

Mike

JBurnett

3 images blended together to make a panoramic. Then stretched to fill frame.
Texture added and softened.
Stunning.

Achieving good results is more difficult than it first appears. It seems that the knowledge gained from experiments is cumulative; I can see a clear difference between my first efforts and those from members who have been doing this for a while. And I really have to "push" myself to into experimentation, because it's not all that natural for me. Fortunately, it's a lot of fun to learn!

ustein

Contributing Editor
Stunning.

Achieving good results is more difficult than it first appears. It seems that the knowledge gained from experiments is cumulative; I can see a clear difference between my first efforts and those from members who have been doing this for a while. And I really have to "push" myself to into experimentation, because it's not all that natural for me. Fortunately, it's a lot of fun to learn!
For me at least it is still a lot of experimentation. There are always surprises (good and not so good).