The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blends

ustein

Contributing Editor
Love the simplicity of this one, geometry, composition and tone.

Keith
Thanks. I found this an unusual barn (metal). Also lucky today as the sky was a bit hazy. Would be nice if I could get higher up.

Note: Removed tons of w:Dires

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks. I found this an unusual barn (metal). Also lucky today as the sky was a bit hazy. Would be nice if I could get higher up.

Note: Removed tons of w:Dires
Shooting low brings the grasses into the foreground which is really nice in this image

Keith

m3photo

Re: Swan

Another shot from my snow day walk.
Mike, another beautiful image from the snowy series.
Same criticism as once before though; I'd suggest masking back the swan a little, otherwise there's little point in having him in the foreground. What do you think?

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member

Mike, another beautiful image from the snowy series.
Same criticism as once before though; I'd suggest masking back the swan a little, otherwise there's little point in having him in the foreground. What do you think?
do you mean to make him lighter or make him more out of focus?
Mike

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
another version.
I must confess, the swan wasn't in that spot, so I decided maybe it was better without it. I tried masking it some, but decided to just show this one instead.

Mike

m3photo

do you mean to make him lighter or make him more out of focus?
Mike
Sorry Mike. Work always seems to get in the way of my free time :D

I meant mask out the texture and give it a little extra curves treatment to help it stand out, then the eye goes there first before travelling around the rest of the image for its surroundings. That's just my take on it ...